Overview of Fujitsu Siemens Latest Offering

Guest JamieDow

Guest JamieDow

Fujitsu Siemens forthcoming Pocket Loox T Series

Always in touch with your business

Drive your business – independent of time and location. e-mail and messaging services automatically update your Outlook data. Precise navigation by means of GPS guidance. It enables you also to make Voice over IP (VoIP) phone calls via WLAN/UMTS.

The Pocket Loox T Range is sure to put Fujitsu Siemens back on the map with this fantastic addition to Windows Mobile devices.

post-128990-1140342901_thumb.jpg

Running Windows Mobile 5.0 Phone Edition and using the Intel® PXA270 Processor with 416 MHz it's fairly quick with processing power. Data sheets with product specifications can be found Here. And a 3D video of the handset Here.

post-128990-1140343206_thumb.jpg

Featuring Windows Mobile Direct Push e-mail and UMTS mobile phone, this is a fantastic device. Although the screen is smaller than the likes of the m500 at 240x240 pixels, it's a sharp clean image.

post-128990-1140343340_thumb.jpg

Highlights

Fully-equipped GSM/UMTS mobile phone

E-mail push and messaging with Microsoft Exchange and Windows Mobile 5.0 software

Integrated 802.11b/g wireless LAN (Wi-Fi certified) with VoIP capability

Bluetooth v2.0

Integrated GPS

Video telephony with VGA camera (Pocket LOOX T830)

2 megapixel auto-focus camera (Pocket LOOX T830)

Ergonomic QWERTY keyboard and brilliant TFT display

SD I/O / MMC slot for backup and additional applications such as an MP3 player or navigation system

Powerful, exchangeable battery

Pocket LOOX Software Suite (includes Connection Manager software from Fujitsu Siemens Computers for easy WLAN access)

Having worked for Fujitsu and used a variety of their products I would have to say i've never been taken with the PDA's on offer. The Pocket Loox T range has changed that entirely.

Retail price estimates are in the region of €700 and due to hit our shelves around July of this year.

More information on the Pocket Loox T-Series can be found here at the Fujitsu Siemens Site.

Wow - fantastic spec! 3G, WLAN, GPS, VOIP, auto-focus, push email, exchangable battery - is there anything they have left out???? Only thing is the dimensions don't seem to match the photograph - 2cm thick, 6cm wide seems a bit chunky when it looks relaitvely svelt. MMC cards, I assume, can be obtained in relatively high capacities?

Any idea on networks for this device?

Guest magic_peanuts

What a fantastic phone, the first device since the HTC Universal to stretch the mold that little bit further.

Love

-----

The jog dial (have always missed since I had a P800)

Built in GPS

Decent camera

3G and Wifi in a reasonably sized device.

Hate

-----

The square screen - anybody know how much of a problem square screens are? Do most programs still run/look OK?

Retail price estimates are in the region of €700 and due to hit ourselves around July of this year.
Hopefully it's not a dud and good enough not to have to beat ourselves up! ;-)

Guest nedge2k

Sorry, am i missing something? What constitutes this as a review? It's just a post of pics and specs. I know review is a bit of a double entendre in this case but what you mean and what others perceive are two different things :)

I agree....it's an Overview...not a review.

Sweet looking phone though. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or possibly advertisement but that is still the best featured Windows Mobile I have seen yet.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.