xda mini s (aka wizard) gprs

Guest 173723_1437909609

Guest 173723_1437909609

hi,

I recently bought an xda mini s, ut the phone is locked for payandgo gprs.

I am using an o2 paynadgo sim, with no probs for phone calls and txt, but I cannot connect to the gprs, the phone receives the gprs signal, but it wil not connect for internet usage.

When I hard reset the phone the options are provided to choose prepaid or contract for gprs, BUT prepaid it lock, so therefore I cannot chose this option.

is there a way to unlock this? either by registry editing or a program, or code?

Thanks for your help.

Guest mavisdavis

Studz. Altho it may be set up for GPRS as a PAYG handset on O2 it can only access WAP . Ive unlocked my Orange M500 and placed an O2 PAYG sim in it and failed time and time again to connect to GPRS. So after about a tenners worth of bloody credit me and Jon from O2 tech support finaly came up with this option >

In IE type this into the address bar

http://wap.o2.co.uk

It needs to connect through thier wap portal 1st which is a royal pain in the ass :D and cannot access direct internet for example www.google.com.

Hope this helps dude, Personally Ive given up using it but if you can extract the cab file from extended storage to help me from entering all the details manually everytime I hard reset that'd be an absolute bonus mate :)

Guest 173723_1437909609
Studz. Altho it may be set up for GPRS as a PAYG handset on O2 it can only access WAP . Ive unlocked my Orange M500 and placed an O2 PAYG sim in it and failed time and time again to connect to GPRS. So after about a tenners worth of bloody credit me and Jon from O2 tech support finaly came up with this option >

In IE type this into the address bar

http://wap.o2.co.uk

It needs to connect through thier wap portal 1st which is a royal pain in the ass :D and cannot access direct internet for example www.google.com.

Hope this helps dude, Personally Ive given up using it but if you can extract the cab file from extended storage to help me from entering all the details manually everytime I hard reset that'd be an absolute bonus mate :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, yeah I know its only wap, and not full gprs but on my nokia with the same sim I got used wap settings and got proper webpages?

**Edit**

I tried your suggestion, but I still get this error:

cannot connect with current connection settings.

**edit 2* (lol)

here are the current settings I'm using:

Below are the O2 XDA Mini S GPRS WAP Pay as you go Settings

Please ensure that when entering 'O2' into the settings that the letter 'O' is selected and not a zero.

1. Tap Start

2. Tap Settings

3. Tap the Connections tab

4. Tap the Connections icon

5. Under 'My Work Network' tap 'Manage existing connections'

6. If a connection already exists then tap ‘Edit’. If no connections are present tap 'New’

7. In the ‘Enter a name for the connection’ field enter ‘GPRS WAP’

8. The 'Select a modem:' drop-down box should be set to 'Cellular Line (GPRS)'

9. Tap 'Next'

10. In the ‘Access Point Name’ field enter ‘payandgo.o2.co.uk’

11. Tap 'Next'

12. In the ‘Username’ field enter ‘payandgo’

13. In the ‘Password’ field enter ‘password’

14. Leave the Domain field blank

15. Tap ‘Advanced’

16. In the ‘TCP/IP’ tab ensure ‘Use server-assigned IP address’ is selected

17. Tap the ‘Servers’ tab

18. Ensure the ‘Use server-assigned address is selected

19. Tap ‘OK’ in the top right corner

20. Tap 'Finish'

21. Tap 'Proxy Settings' tab

22. Ensure that 'This network connects to the Internet' box is ticked

23. Ensure that 'This network uses a proxy server to connect to the Internet' box is ticked

24. Tap 'Advanced'

25. Tap the ‘WAP’ option

26. In the 'Server’ field enter ‘193.113.200.195’

27. In the ‘Port’ field enter ‘9201’

28. Tap 'OK' four times to exit

Edited by 173723_1437909609

Guest 173723_1437909609

I've just tried with entering the setting again and I have got it to connect, by clicking connect from the connections menu. but I still can't connect to the net yet

**edit**

in the connection advanced tab, I changed 'programs that autometically connect to the internet should connect using:' from my ISP to my work network

and it is working now, except I get this error:

The page cannot be displayed or downloaded becuase the connection was lost. check the connection and try again.

but the connection isn't lost and I have full signal?

Edited by 173723_1437909609