SMS from desktop

Guest b6x

ok, maybe me being dumb again, but is it possible to send an SMS from your desktop? Looking through Outlook (and not really understanding how the folders etc all bolt together) I can only see a way to send emails.

Got the phone either connecting to ActiveSync via USB or BlueTooth, so would like to be able to type text on the laptop and send thru phone.

Thanks alot,

b6x

Edited by b6x

Guest daftveggie

The only thing that I would say is that I've had a few issues with the mobile extender not actually sending the texts that it says it is.

can be quite annoying, but a fantastic tool nonetheless.

The only thing that I would say is that I've had a few issues with the mobile extender not actually sending the texts that it says it is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never had any complaints :?: What did yours do ??

Guest abhayseth

Best to use the Jeyo Outlook Extender - works perfectly well & ensures u can archive ur msgs as well... but you can use this free app as well...

ok,  maybe me being dumb again,  but is it possible to send an SMS from your desktop?  Looking through Outlook (and not really understanding how the folders etc all bolt together) I can only see a way to send emails.

Got the phone either connecting to ActiveSync via USB or BlueTooth,  so would like to be able to type text on the laptop and send thru phone.

Thanks alot,

b6x

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SPStudio.zip

Guest mini_man

no one ever mentions True Connect, I love it and i use it with my cradle.

Its amazing software that lets you use your mouse and keyboard on the screen so you can navigate and type. It also lets you copy and paste in and out the phone.

Fantastic Software

Guest daftveggie
I never had any complaints  :?:  What did yours do ??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like I said, it just didn't send the messages that it said it was. Poped them in the sent items and everything, but the other people didn't receive them. Group texts as well as individual ones.

Still, very worthwhile app.

no one ever mentions True Connect, I love it and i use it with my cradle.

Its amazing software that lets you use your mouse and keyboard on the screen so you can navigate and type. It also lets you copy and paste in and out the phone.

Fantastic Software

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dunno where you got your version of True Connect from. The currenct version didn't work with my MDA Vario when I tried it and the Raspberry Software website says that the WM5 PPC version is still under development. I contacted them a few weeks ago and it should be released early March.

Looks like the ideal tool to use in the office with my Vario in the cradle, though. Control your Wizard with your mouse, what more do you want?

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
Couldn't get this to work  -  complains about the processor type of my XDA not being supported.

Click your Windows Mobile Developer Tools icon in the All programs list on your start menu. then go to this folder:

\Windows Mobile Developer Power Toys\ActiveSync_Remote_Display\devices\wce400\armv4

And copy cedisp2.exe to your phone. If it still complains try the others until you find one that does, the arm compatible should be fine though!

Guest adchaffey
,Feb 22 2006, 16:11]Click your Windows Mobile Developer Tools icon in the All programs list on your start menu.  then go to this folder:

\Windows Mobile Developer Power Toys\ActiveSync_Remote_Display\devices\wce400\armv4

And copy cedisp2.exe to your phone.  If it still complains try the others until you find one that does, the arm compatible should be fine though!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anywhere specific on the phone we should copy the file to?

The windows directory perhaps?

[EDIT]

The windows directory worked for me!

[/EDIT]

Edited by adchaffey