Thunderhawk WebBrowser for WM5 !

Guest blueplanet

Guest blueplanet

8) This is the best browser out there! I have tested them all, no one can compare!

800x600 om you Qtek9100, perfect!

http://www.bitstream.com/wireless/news/ ... m5ppc.html

http://www.thunderhawk.info/index_th2.html

The web browser picture/text layout is 99% perfect.

A MUST HAVE!

www.vg.no on my Qtek9100(!!!):

post-22132-1140549869_thumb.jpg

Edited by blueplanet

This actually seems quite a nice browser, it's reasonably fast to use on the Wizard (much better than Minimo, altough not quite as fast as PIE).

I'm not to sure why it requires the account creation at the start though, I didn't look into it but I wonder if the content you are viewing is actually pre-rendered in some way before being sent to Thunderhawk running on your mobile device. Maybe they have a server dishing up requests as they are made. This could account for the slight pause that seems to happen before a page starts to get displayed. It would also explain why images cannot be saved and why it seems to render colours (especially gradients) very poorly (Similar to if they were being viewed in 16-bit).

On the other hand it's the only browser I've used so far that actually has proper working javascript support. Both PIE and Minimo do not allow people to use one of my websites due to their poor JS support (and I'm talking just a simple submit button with some JS code for onclick events) - Thunderhawk worked perfectly though. Not surprising given that it has full JS 1.5 support.

I'm torn between this and PIE now. I don't visit enough sites that PIE doesn't display properly to warrent me using Thunderhawk though. The colour problems that Thunderhawk seems to have mean that I'll probably continue using PIE for now. I'm not too keen on the screen size thing either - I'd like at least some form of small screen rendering or fit-to-screen displaying of pages.

A very robust and quick browser though, generally nice to use.

[edit] I wonder if the gradient problem is due to Thunderhawk's handling of PNG's, as that is specifically what I am able to see rendering very badly.

[edit2] Seems Thunderhawk is subscription based, you pay either monthly or annually to use it. That explains the account registration stuff.

Edited by lekus

Guest adudley

well i like the way it renders screens (on my wizard)

BUT, the keyboard is its own, so its not listening to my options, i.e. GO AWAY keyboard.

also, my ebay dosnt work, even though I've enabled all the cookies options, so im not using it for that alone.

shame though,, there is a free trial, but how long does that last hey?