"Clear" email

Guest nuttyphilt

Guest nuttyphilt

I've set up a POP3 account called Yahoo. I use my POP3 Yahoo account to download into Outlook at home and Pocket Outlook on the Vario. I leave messages on the server so that it means I can access my mail on the web - a basic form of syncronisation. :)

Problem is this - when I first download all the headers onto my Vario it downloads all of them without a problem but the issue is that there's about 300 of them. Not a problem but I don't want to go through every single one to mark each one of them as 'read'. I notice there's an option (Menu/Tools/Clear Yahoo) to clear this account but what does it do??? I don't want it to delete everything so that next time I download my mail it deletes everything off the server, all I want it to do is mark all my mails as read....

Anyone have any experience of this??

Cheers.

Guest daftveggie

select all, mark as read, that's the ticket.

if you delete an item, then clear it from the deleted items folder, and then send/recive, your mail will be deleted off the server.

You can deete it and not clear the deleted items and it will stay on the server. or you can get the vario to only download new mail, or mail from the last 3 days etc.

lots of options open to you :)