Removing 'Orange plus' from SPV C600

Guest blackparagon

Guest blackparagon

Hi guys,

Got my new SPV C600 today and its great. I've reordered my start menu as I want it, but every time I reboot, a new 'orange plus' shortcut (to windows/STK.exe) is placed on my start menu. Naturally I don't want to use this rubbish application whatsoever, but whether I delete, rename or move the shortcut, a new one appears each time I reboot.

Any ideas?

Guest nastassja

use the file manager to go to the start menu folder.. then try to modify the properties of the shortcut and "mark" it as "hidden".

it shouldnt appear anymore.

• 1 month later...
Guest rheuh

Unfortunately, I did the manipulation (set file attributes to hidden) -- the Orange+ disappears, but reappears on next reboot.

Damn, this application is starting to make me mad !

Guest mrmond

a call to orange customer services to tell them you don't want the orange plus service and they will send you a sim update to remove it from your service.

As mentioned by someone else it's a service on the sim, not the phone itself. Rather like voicemail.

They will need to remove the service from your account via an update.

Half tempted to suggest you PM me and I'd look into it for you.

• 1 year later...
a call to orange customer services to tell them you don't want the orange plus service and they will send you a sim update to remove it from your service.

As mentioned by someone else it's a service on the sim, not the phone itself. Rather like voicemail.

They will need to remove the service from your account via an update.

Half tempted to suggest you PM me and I'd look into it for you.

Thanks for this info....I have always managed to hide the icon (STK-Orange Plus Services) via the .link attributes. However, since owning both my previous TyTN and then my present Kaiser, nothing has worked. I then found your info many moons later ie: 2008 this morning and have sorted it via the call to Orange. Just for the record, it was ONLY when i added the word "SDK" that the rep knew what to do.

Anyway, just got my sim update and its all done.

Thanks