Remove battery meter and wifi sign from today

Guest koniosis

Guest koniosis

Hi, I've recently got a Vario and I was wondering if there is a way to remove the small battery icon and comms manager icon from the bottom of the Today screen (i.e. remove the whole section to free the screen space), there doesn't appear to be any obvious way to do it.

Thanks,

Koni

Guest chucky.egg

Welcome to the site guys

The answer you want is:

Remove the "Init_Tray.lnk" from the \Windows\Startup folder

This information is already on the site (I know because I posted it a couple of weeks back) so don't forget to do a search before you post a new question.

A good tip for searching is to put "+" in front of any specific words you are looking for, and to search as few forums as possible initially (otherwise you may get too many hits). You can always broaden your search later.

EG: "+battery +comm +manager" in the Pocket PC forums

Guest chucky.egg

Again, this was covered in the other thread that deals with this general question.

If you remove the tray and then run any application that puts an icon onto the tray it will create a new tray for that icon.

Basically, if you run remote display you will always get the tray while it is running, but it should disappear when you close remote display.

Guest matheprat
Again, this was covered in the other thread that deals with this general question.

If you remove the tray and then run any application that puts an icon onto the tray it will create a new tray for that icon.

Basically, if you run remote display you will always get the tray while it is running, but it should disappear when you close remote display.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know that, which is why i'm asking is there any way to get rid of it totally?.......

Guest Pondrew
I know that, which is why i'm asking is there any way to get rid of it totally?.......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think chucky.egg is trying to say that he's looked into it and found there is no way to get rid of it totally :)