Make a bluetooth shortcut

Guest Harley69

Guest Harley69

Hi,

Just thought I would share this one with you.

Are you fed up of the amount of screen taps it takes to turn bluetooth on with the MDA Compact II?

Then try this:

Download bttoggler which can be found in the forums, install and then goto start>settings>menus and just put a tick against it, now when you click start, you can enable it from here.

Now the best bit :)

You could add a voice tag to launch it, or if you have Microsoft voice command, you can just say "start" / "open bluetooth toggler"

and it does, but you can also say "stop bluetooth toggler" and lo and behold it does!

If saying bluetooth toggler is a bit of a mouthful, while activesync'd, press explore>my windows based device>windows>start menu> and rename "bluetooth toggler" to just "bluetooth", now all you have to say is "start bluetooth" & "stop bluetooth".

This works a treat on the wifes MDA Compact II should also work the same on the Vario in theory.

Enjoy! :D

Edited by Harley69

• 3 weeks later...
Guest impy78

Sorry to be a pain, but it doesn't work on my Charmer - I install it and it says it has installed, but it does not show in programmes or as an option in the menu list.

I included it on my sbp plus options, but when i click on it, nothing happens.

It does show in the list of programmes to be uninstalled.

Has any one got this to work????

Guest jonajuna
Sorry to be a pain, but it doesn't work on my Charmer - I install it and it says it has installed, but it does not show in programmes or as an option in the menu list.

I included it on my sbp plus options, but when i click on it, nothing happens.

It does show in the list of programmes to be uninstalled.

Has any one got this to work????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

on my charmer, if you hit start, it is in the folder listed at the top called "accessories"

now where the folder accessories actually is on my device, fiddle knows, still am looking for it, else its 3 clicks to get bt to run, 2 less than before, but still not one or two as it should be ;)

edit:

sorted.

open file explorer or similar, navigate to windows/start menu/accessories and youll see the bt toggler. cut it, paste it to windows/start menu (ie one level up) and itll appear as if by magic in the top of your list when you hit start

now to try and get it voice activated

with this little gem i can get rid of the HUGGGEEEE profiles software i have running

;)

Edited by jonajuna