It bounces!

Guest orangezorki

Guest orangezorki

I had an 'interesting' trip in this morning.

I was standing on the tube, up someones armpit (as usual), when I got a text message. I got out the Vario and typed the reply, and went to put it back in my iPod sock, apart from it slipped and dropped to the floor. The only thing I could think of was how glad I was I hadn't cancelled the insurance. Anyhow, it hit the deck, half opened, and the memory card shot out in the opposite direction.

The damage: almost nothing. Everything works great, even the memory card (after I crawled around and between people's legs to retrieve it). It hit at the top right hand corner, screen side, and there is a very neat indentation in the plastic, so precise that it almost looks like it's part of the design.

Anyhow, two morals of the story:

1. Don't use a case if the risk of putting it back in is greater than the risk of using it normally.

2. HTC can actually build something properly! - Maybe they could teach the entire American car industry somthing!

Anyone else had an equally 'exciting' moment?

David

Guest adchaffey
Anyone else had an equally 'exciting' moment?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nowhere near as exciting, but scrambling to turn of my alarm in a blurry morning mess i managed to knock my phone off a chest of drawers onto the floor. And.........nothing. Not a scratch!

Tougher than a marine on steroids, but hopefully more predictable!

Was walking home from a mates the other day watching a movie on my C550 and not paying attention where I was walking and I nailed a lamp post with my shoulder, dropped my C550 and watched it roll over a drain :shock:

That was the first week I had the thing and luckily it didn't even scratch :| :)

Guest Pondrew

Was running for a bus and my MDA III in it's case fell from a pocket and bounced along besides me! Heart in mouth moment but thankfully it was fine (really, that was about a year ago and it was still going strong last month when I sold it on).