SDA2 questions

Guest pbrstreetgang

Guest pbrstreetgang

HI all, 1st post here so i appologise for repeating anything

Swapped a nokia 6630 (locked to 3 uk :) ) for a mint boxed t-mobile sda2, was expecting a c500 copy but instead got the one featured in the sticky at the top, 1.3mp cam and 64mb ram etc........therefor very pleased.

Now, i have searched thru a lot of pages on here and other forums but this seemed like the place to post so here goes....

Is it possible to reflash the sda with a generic rom to rid it of all the tmobile stuff?, can this be done with say a rom from a c550 if one is available??

I have succesfully unlocked and decerted the sda and am currently running it with an o2 sim, no probs with calls and texts but getting mms and wap etc is pretty much a no go despite trying all i can find on here, the main problem here seems to be the "data connections" dialog because on the c550 and c500 there are 4 options on this page in settings but on the sda there are only 2!, they are "internet connection" and "work connection". Editing the connections is the same but i can only set 2 in the connection dialog??????

The standby screen only shows the large G icon at the top of screen after i have tried to connect to the internet/wap, not sure if its supposed to show all the time as it does on my c550. When i try a connection the smaller g appears next to the signal bars ok but it always tells me the page is unavailable etc???.

I really like this phone, i would really like to make the most of the features as i have done with my c550 (running on orange fine), Can anyone help with the above???? :oops:

Guest mini_man

Welcome to the forum

I got a bit lost in your post but im assuming your question was

"Is it possible to reflash the sda with a generic rom to rid it of all the tmobile stuff?, can this be done with say a rom from a c550 if one is available??"

So i think your saying can you reflash the SDA2 Music (HTC Amadaeus) With a C550 (HTC Hurricane) Rom yes?

If so then yes you can and I think people on the forum have mentioned that they did it the other way round.

How you go about obtaining a C550 Rom is your doing as there is not a Rom available for download that has been released yet and asking for this Rom on the forums is against the rules.

Guest pbrstreetgang

Hi, thanks for reply, from what i can gather the sda2 i have is not the "music" edition but an sda version of the c550 with a newer outer case, which i believe is similar to the sp5. there is a picture of the handset in the sticky at the top of this forum page, the phone on the right! next to the c550

I was not asking for a "rom", just trying to find out if its possible to "rebrand" the sda to a generic standard, mainly to get the correct connections dialog. Failing this has anyone successfuly got an SDA2 running fully on any other network than T-Mobile

Guest mini_man
I was not asking for a "rom",
Oh i know, im just warning you because alot of threads seem to get closed if someone asks so im just warning you because alot of people ask when they bring up questions like this.

It is possible to rebrand the SDA2 If you obtain a different rom. Im not sure what you meen by

generic standard
but you can definetly rebrand it with the orange rom.

I need you to clear somthing up

You say it looks like the SP5 Do you actually meen the SP5m

The SDA looks like this

tmobile_sda.gif.big.gif It looks like the SP5

This is the SP5 sp5_01.jpg

But the SDA 2 is this SDAII_xl.gif

and looks like

606_03.jpg

So which SDA Do you own.

Guest Pondrew

This should clear some of the confusion:

T-Mobile SDA = HTC Feeler

T-Mobile SDA Music = HTC Amadeus

Both these devices are Typhoon variants and I imagine have been discontinued as the designs are now quite dated.

T-Mobile SDA II = HTC Hurricane

This is the same hardware as the SPV C550, just with a different case (which happens to look almost identical to the SP5m).

It is possible to install any HTC Hurricane rom on any HTC Hurricane device but only once you've unlocked the device to any rom (this can be done using the SPV Services tool available from www.spv-developers.com).

Problem is that none of the HTC Hurricane roms are available online, I personally would like to flash my C550 with the SDA II rom given I use it on T-Mobile but since T-Mobile took down their download manager I can't. Ho hum... :?:

Guest pbrstreetgang

Thanks for replies guys, pondrew post is correct, i have the sda2/c550. miniman the handset i have is the one shown in the last 2 pictures in your post

Have spent a bit of time today with an orange sim in phone, got internet working by copying settings from my c550 but mms will not, a little more success than with the o2 sim but not quite there yet.

I might take the phone to my local t-mobile shop and ask......you never know eh :oops:

Guest mini_man

@Pondew - Yes :^o

@ pbrstreetgang - firstly check out the Smartphone Settings Repository at modaco, here are the settings for Orange UK and O2 UK

http://www.modaco.com/Orange_UK-t200960.html

http://www.modaco.com/O2_UK-t200962.html

What you can also do is call the operator you want the settings for, they will send you a file which installs all the settings onto your phone.

Just request the the Orange MMS and Wap settings because you have just unlocked your Phone.

I did this when I unlocked my dads Nokia, there really good.