Need help with MPX220 Unlock

Guest erikp5

Guest erikp5

I've noticed many people on here have AT&T have been requesting an unlock code and succeeded in the retrieval of one through Cingular or one of many websites.

Has anyone with a Tmobile SIM successfully unlocked the mpx220?

Here's my story:

I've been on the Tmobile network for two years and I'm not looking to switch since I managed to dupe them into giving my family a plan cheaper than they were supposed to (1000 daytime w/ unlimited night, weekends and texts for $40 month)

BUT

I'm sick of the crappy phones they provide. A friend of mine gave me the mpx220 as a gift since he recently bought the PEBL. Of course, with him being a cingular customer, the phone is locked.

Now, I have all of his previous information including his account number, IMEI, old phone number etc etc, yet I still have had my request for a SIM unlock from Cingular denied.

I'm not looking forward to paying $35 for a website service that isn't guaranteed since the mpx220 seems to cause more problems than other phones (from what I've seen on forums such as these).

The Tmobile customer service agent was very helpful and willing (twice with two agents) yet Cingular's stingy habits are extremely frustrating me now.

Does anyone have any advice on how to retrieve these codes so I can use this *fantastic* phone?

Should I call Cingular directly first?

Should I use the mpx220v1 program?

Should I bit my lip and buy a code online?

Edited by erikp5

Guest cedlefou
Should I call Cingular directly first?

Should I use the mpx220v1 program?

Should I bit my lip and buy a code online?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi erikp5. If i were you i would flash the rom : no more lock ever!!!

Get the mobile upgrade wizard and a rom and it's really easy to do. Don't forget to backup your mail/sms/contacts/... before flashing the rom. Last rom is 1.49 it think.

See you.

Guest smeg36

Flashing the ROM doesn't effect the lock status at all. If the phone is locked and you flash, it will stay locked. If it is unlocked and you flash, it will stay unlocked. If you are 100% sure it is locked (most MPx220s came unlocked out of the box. Have you tried your SIM in it already?), you can go to www.imei-check.co.uk to purchase an unlock code.

Edited by smeg36

Guest erikp5

Yea, it's currently locked. I ordered a cable via ebay and I'm awaiting it's arrival to use the imei-check website.

Seems like there's no other real way, at least I can sell my "new" phone I'm getting from tmobile for renewing my plan to offset the cost!

My tmobile SIM card is what lets me know that it's locked. Hopefully the code from the website will work fine.

We'll see.

Guest kissman

I mean if device not unlock with only flash. I test it on my Eurotel CZ Mpx220 and not work, you can find maybe imei calc on p2p networks for free.

Guest erikp5

Thanks to that great website I have my phone working!!

Now, the only problem is that when I connect it via USB I don't have any recognition through my PC.

A Mobile Device pops up in the My Computer window but when I try to double click it or even go to 'explore' I recieve a windows error and explore.exe restarts.

Guest erikp5
Do you have Activesync installed?  You can't do anything on it without Activesync.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea, I have the phone synced up with the pc but I keep receiving an error:

error6zl.th.jpg

I've tried restarting but to no avail. It'd be nice to use my new phone! :oops:

Guest caligula
Seems like there's no other real way, at least I can sell my "new" phone I'm getting from tmobile for renewing my plan to offset the cost!

How do you get a free phone from Tmoble for renewing your contract? They're always telling me I can "upgrade" to a new phone, but still pay a fairly large amount of money. Been with them for almost 4 years.

• 2 weeks later...