Tornado PowerControl

Guest merwin

Guest Snooginsguy
There is a very good reason why that happens when you quit the program using Task Manager. It's not cleanly exiting the program. There's cleanup that must be done when you exit the program (setting the lowlight back to normal), or what you described wil happen.

As for flight mode, I can't see how my software would affect that, since I'm only changing settings for the Display. How often does this happen?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually meant that if I choose the Exit option from the program itself, or by forcing an exit thru Task Manager, it'll happen either time. And the Flight mode happened twice within 12 hours, and hasn't happened ever when I don't have PowerControl running. Could be a coincidence, and yeah, I don't know what in your program would cause it, but it was a fairly consistent coincidence...Anyway, figured I'd mention it just in case others had the same issues.

Guest Cybertronic

When the i-mate SP5 turns off the screen is the idle speed actually 180MHz?

Has anyone tried lower than this to equalise the battery life whenc compared to standard clock speeds? Such as having a higher on screen clock speed and a lower off screen clock speed? ;)

Guest Cybertronic

There's something wrong :?:

I'm using the following:

PowerOn.lnk

containing:

53#"\Storage Card\Program Files\OmapClock\OmapClock.exe" -clock 252

and Power_BackLightOff.lnk

53#"\Storage Card\Program Files\OmapClock\OmapClock.exe" -clock 180

The problem is that the screen doesn't turn off when it's idle?, what am I doing wrong? :cry:

The overclocked speed is working correctly though ;)

Edited by Cybertronic

Guest merwin
When the i-mate SP5 turns off the screen is the idle speed actually 180MHz?

Has anyone tried lower than this to equalise the battery life whenc compared to standard clock speeds? Such as having a higher on screen clock speed and a lower off screen clock speed? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure what it is when it is idle. That is why I set it to 180mhz again when the backlightoff event happens, so that when it goes into useridle, it can set itself to whatever it needs.

As noted in earlier posts, I encountered problems when going back and forth between speeds lower than 180 and higher than 180, where the phone would lock up and reboot. You can experiment and see for yourself though.

Guest merwin
There's something wrong :?:

I'm using the following:

PowerOn.lnk

containing:

53#"\Storage Card\Program Files\OmapClock\OmapClock.exe" -clock 252

and Power_BackLightOff

53#"\Storage Card\Program Files\OmapClock\OmapClock.exe" -clock 180

The problem is that the screen doesn't turn off when it's idle?, what am I doing wrong? :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First, it's Power_On.lnk. Secondly, what kind of phone do you have? Also, what mode are you in (Dim/Bright). Remember that BacklightOff isn't completely turned off. UserIdle is completely turned off.

Guest Cybertronic

Oops.. I typed the lnk's wrong in my previous post although it was correct in the shortcut on the phone.

I fixed it, got it working now ;)

Thanks for the great application! ;)

I've got an i-mate SP5 by the way :(

Thanks!

Edited by Cybertronic

• 2 weeks later...

hi. im very interested in tis power saving application software.

im a newbie so there's lotsa thgs i dono abt.

im using xphone ll and i wonder if it is supported?

wht is an Omapclock. i don think i hve it, wht does it do or is it required for tis power saving software to work properly? cus i read ppl keep mentioning it here.

thirdly, how do i create the shortcuts

(eg \ProgramFiles\OmapClock\OmapClock.exe" -clock 228) ?

is it available in the menu? if it is then i think i know how to do it.

and i can adjust my backlightoff according to a specified clock speed? nice. so, wher do i find tis clockspeed so i can adjust it? is it required a 3rd party s/w?

thanks so much

Edited by wayf

Guest wingzerothree

hey have you guys noticed that the process for tornado power control randomly dies, and then your screen just stays on until you rerun it? im on a cingular 2125

Guest merwin
hey have you guys noticed that the process for  tornado power control randomly dies, and then your screen just stays on until you rerun it? im on a cingular 2125

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you use a program like XBar and do "close all tasks", it will close TPC. That being said, other people have said that some odd things happen with the Cingular 2125. There is no reason that it should close. The only time it should close is when you press 'Exit' on the program.

Guest Snooginsguy
hey have you guys noticed that the process for  tornado power control randomly dies, and then your screen just stays on until you rerun it? im on a cingular 2125

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I too had the same problem on the 2125. Don't know why...

Guest Klirrfaktor

i experience same thing.. when running powercontrol some time, it seems to not "release" the screen again, so my phone is always set on bright. it works ok in the beginning, but after few hours the screen is not going to standby anymore. this does not happen when powercontrol is not running. after a reboot of the phone and restart of powercontrols it works again. im using it with omapclock on a qtek 8310. would be excellent if you were able to locate the reason for that... the 8310 is too slow for me and almost not usable without powercontrols and omapclock ;-) thanks for that nice application so far

Guest merwin

I was able to replicate the problem on my phone by opening many applications at once. Eventually, Windows will close TPC to make room for others. I'm trying to figure out how to make that not happen.

Guest I)ickie

Hey,

I'm a bit of a nub i know but i cant get the program to start using the bright and hide command. This is what im using to try and get it to go.

53#"\Storage Card\Power Control\TornadoPowerControl.exe" bright hide

Is that how its supposed to be done? Using the same method i have got it to dim and hide and bright and show.

Any Ideas,

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest merwin
i experience same thing.. when running powercontrol some time, it seems to not "release" the screen again, so my phone is always set on bright. it works ok in the beginning, but after few hours the screen is not going to standby anymore. this does not happen when powercontrol is not running. after a reboot of the phone and restart of powercontrols it works again. im using it with omapclock on a qtek 8310. would be excellent if you were able to locate the reason for that... the 8310 is too slow for me and almost not usable without powercontrols and omapclock ;-) thanks for that nice application so far

Try the new v1.3

You can find it in the downloads section here

It fixes the bug where the backlight stays on forever. Also, I made the application not exit until you press the 'exit' button in the application. This means that programs like XBar won't be able to close it.

Guest Klirrfaktor
Try the new v1.3

You can find it in the downloads section here

It fixes the bug where the backlight stays on forever. Also, I made the application not exit until you press the 'exit' button in the application. This means that programs like XBar won't be able to close it.

GREAT... ill try it out and give you feedback. thanks for fixing so far!! ;-)

Guest Klirrfaktor
GREAT... ill try it out and give you feedback. thanks for fixing so far!! ;-)

it seems better now.. but it still sometimes gets closed but i cannot figure out why. when i check in taskmanager the powercontrol exe is not there anymore and the light never goes off. as soon i restart powercontrol everything is ok again... :-/

Guest Hack4Life

Please some one help i posted in the forum. I have an imate sp5m i copied all the files of torando power controll to memory stick then i made a short cut for omap overclocked like this 30#"\Program Files\OmapClock.exe" -clock 276 then i renamed it to Power_On.lnk and placed it in the same directory as torando.. However when ever i start tornado i get error failed to start process power_on.lnk.. Please anyhelp would really be aprriciated. Thank you all

Guest Cybertronic

Hack4Life, I replied to the topic you created earlier on.

First of all, the overclocked speeds is a little high and secondly has the phone been decerted?

Guest Hack4Life
Hack4Life, I replied to the topic you created earlier on.

First of all, the overclocked speeds is a little high and secondly has the phone been decerted?

Hi cyber sorry for posting twice bro but just relaized that there is this topic here for the specific prog i am trying.. And regarding your questions yes the phone is unlocked and regarding the speed it is too high but i run it stabble tried it for like 10 minutes runing stable before reverting to stock 180 speed. Please forgive me for posting twice and i really appriciate your fast response and help.