New ROM K-JAM 02/03/2006

Guest dan.ardelean

Guest dan.ardelean

There is a new ROM available on clubimate ftp site. The new version is

K-JAM_WWE_216901_2169101_020710_ship.zip

Uploaded on 02/03/2006 07:14

Hope that they will also release the SP5 version soon

Guest Jorsher

I have a T-Mobile MDA...I figure if I use this ROM I'll have to manually enter a lot of the T-Mobile Settings. Which ones should I back up and should I just stick with the current ROM?

Guest chickyd
There is a new ROM available on clubimate ftp site. The new version is

K-JAM_WWE_216901_2169101_020710_ship.zip

Uploaded on 02/03/2006 07:14

Hope that they will also release the SP5 version soon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a T-Mobile MDA...I figure if I use this ROM I'll have to manually enter a lot of the T-Mobile Settings.  Which ones should I back up and should I just stick with the current ROM?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah... I'm using a Qtek on Vodafone... anyone know if it's worth waiting for the Qtek one or if flashing my 9100 with the imate rom won't make any difference?

Like Jorsher, do i need to back anything up to keep me on Vodafone... is all that stuff not just on the sim card anyway?

Cheers...

Guest DeanJ

i'm using the new rom now, the direct push works like a charm and its loads faster than the original imate rom but A2DP is not included, if your after this at the moment your best bet is the qtek test rom

with regards to backing up stuff there are a load of cabs for different operators which it asks you to choose from when you first inatall which will give you the settings for stuff like gprs and mms etc. i cant guarantee you operators cabs are included but if you wanted to check before hand you could always download te extended roms files that are included in this rom off the net and check. obviously

your phone will work for phone/text without installing any cabs.

you'll need to cid unlock your phone if its not an imate k-jam and your wanting to install this rom

obviously you'll need to back everything else up you want to keep as it will wipe your device

Guest datsunman
i'm using the new rom now, the direct push works like a charm and its loads faster than the original imate rom but A2DP is not included, if your after this at the moment your best bet is the qtek test rom

Dean, how does the Push email work exactly? I've searched high and low on M$'s site but can't find much info....

Do you need an SMTP gateway a'la Blackberry or does it work purely on http? Does the device stay connected to the web via GPRS and the Exchange server sends out keep alives?

Thanks.

Guest lozzd
doh just updated to the latest o2 rom ... now ive got to backup and reinstall everything ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How come? Do you have to do that when you upgrade? Is the O2 ROM actually any newer? I'm hopefully getting my XDA Mini S tommorrow just wondering if I should go ahead and upgrade straight away.

I flashed my O2 mini s using the k-jam ROM. Works a treat, I have found the following:-

Pros

-Push email ownz (had to make a change to the exchange server)

-The system feels a lot quicker with this ROM and Wifi is definitely quicker at finding networks and acquiring an address

-The Comms manager has more options, like the ability to turn of push email

-Skype and Backgammon are preloaded (not tried Skype)

-After flashing it will ask you which carrier you are with e.g. Orange UK contract and then sets up mms for you

Cons

-No stereo Bluetooth support (although I never had this it before)

-Had to setup GPRS manually (this is very easy)

-The keyboard symbols are mostly in different places between the O2 and the K-jam so I usually have to use the adjacent key when using say the @ key

Also worth noting is that the Battery bar has moved on to the title bar. So the real only downside for me is the keyboard symbols being in the wrong places (if someone has an idea how to fix this I would be very grateful). Hope this is of help to someone ;)

Guest DeanJ
Dean, how does the Push email work exactly? I've searched high and low on M$'s site but can't find much info....

Do you need an SMTP gateway a'la Blackberry or does it work purely on http? Does the device stay connected to the web via GPRS and the Exchange server sends out keep alives?

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as i know it works purely through http in pretty much the same way as it does with the normal exchange sync over the internet using OMA (outlook mobile access) there is just one check box on the exchange server you need to set to enable direct push then when you sync with the pda for the first time with direct push turned on it asks you if you want to sync "as items arrive"

The phone then keeps a connection open untill the server has a new email, contact calendar item for you.

I flashed my O2 mini s using the k-jam ROM. Works a treat, I have found the following:-

Cons

-The keyboard symbols are mostly in different places between the O2 and the K-jam so I usually have to use the adjacent key when using say the @ key

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

download this app

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=39725

it will let you remap your keyboard to the correct one.

Dean

Guest minty1978
-After flashing it will ask you which carrier you are with e.g. Orange UK contract and then sets up mms for you

was t-mobile an option??

Guest datsunman
As far as i know it works purely through http in pretty much the same way as it does with the normal exchange sync over the internet using OMA (outlook mobile access) there is just one check box on the exchange server you need to set to enable direct push then when you sync with the pda for the first time with direct push turned on it asks you if you want to sync "as items arrive"

The phone then keeps a connection open untill the server has a new email, contact calendar item for you.

Cheers, will give it a go. ;)

Guest bluesxman

To fix this create the following registry key:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Keybd\Locale

and give it a value of 0809 (string value)

This will set it to the UK English layout. For other layouts you can get the codes here - it's the hex values you need to use.

Guest martynstar

Does anyone know if its possible to go back to a previous ROM? i have the older version stored on my pc!

Its just that this new one is a pile of rubbish! the backlight settings keep changing and the lock wont stay on 0mins like the old one did!

Martyn

Guest robpow
the backlight settings keep changing

Yeah I noticed the same thing, I can't get the backlight timeout to stay at 30 sec. I also can't connect to my Belkin pre-N WiFi access point anymore!! ;)

Matt

Guest martynstar
Yeah I noticed the same thing, I can't get the backlight timeout to stay at 30 sec. I also can't connect to my Belkin pre-N WiFi access point anymore!!  ;)

Matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One more problem!!

dont have the MMS folders under the messaging section, and i cannot send mms through clicking on contacts!

HELP!

Guest martynstar
Did you cancel the extended rom updates or let them all run through the first time it started after updating?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I left it running till the end, after it restarted couple of times no joy.

I have managed to get MMS folders back on, (after much searching through forums) but still the problems with the timeouts....

Guest robpow
One more problem!!

dont have the MMS folders under the messaging section, and i cannot send mms through clicking on contacts!

HELP!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I feel a downgrade coming on.... anyone tried to do that?

Matt

Guest jbedoya

noting is that the Battery bar has moved on to the title bar. So the real only downside for me is the keyboard symbols being in the wrong places (if someone has an idea how to fix this I would be very grateful). Hope this is of help to someone ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest martinwcooper
I feel a downgrade coming on.... anyone tried to do that?

Matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seriously? I've found the ROM update to be so much faster, so much more stable, and better in almost every way.

And push email is 75% of the way there to being BlackBerry standard.

I wasn't sure whether to upgrade with the iMate ROM on my Vario but am SO glad that I did. A few niggles don't outweigh the difference between the underlying quality of this ROM compared to my previous...

;)

Guest ericharlz
noting is that the Battery bar has moved on to the title bar. So the real only downside for me is the keyboard symbols being in the wrong places (if someone has an idea how to fix this I would be very grateful). Hope this is of help to someone ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you found how to take that Battery indicator out of there?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest woodshed

I ran this update

K-JAM_WWE_216901_2169101_020710_ship.exe

on my MDA Vario, purchased through TMobile in the UK but unlocked and used on Vodaphone.

Went through the initial steps of confirming data would be lost and the battery was at more than 50% etc but it bailed out as soon as it got to the upgrade rom bit and just gave me a message about the device being an "Invalid Vendor" - does anyone know why or a way around it.

I'm desperate to upgrade as my device runs painfully slow at the moment.

my system info is

Chris