World’s Skinniest PDA Phone with Wi-Fi

Guest greenturtle

Guest mini_man

A new windows smartphone is getting ready for release, the AXIA 308.

Malaysian phone maker Fifth Media has announced what it claims is the world's smallest Windows Mobile 5 smart phone.

post-160616-1141333332_thumb.jpeg

The specs consist of:

Windows Mobile 5

11.3 x 4.9

2.1cm thick.

quad-band

GSM

GPRS

EDGE

Bluetooth 1.2

802.11b Wi-Fi.

416MHz Intel PXA272 processor

128MB of Flash ROM a

64MB of RAM.

MiniSD slot

2.2in, 240 x 320, 262,144-colour display

fixed-focus 1.3 megapixel camera.

1500mAh battery

four hours' talk time

120 hours in stand-by mode

The price has not been announced for the 308 but the company claims "it will be a very attractive price".

This sounds like a mighty phone packed with so many features with big bonus for size, Wi-Fi and 262k QVGA Screen.

For Countdown time of this product Click Here

Thanks to ricardo the fish for submitting the new.

Guest pookiecheeks

..yes, yes, yes... it has this and has that etc, but... smartphones still ONLY have piddly little screens. that's one reason i jumped across to pocketpcs. sorry, i guess my biased views aren't helping here.

pookiecheeks

Guest trevormuk

World's smallest Smartphone????

The dimensions they quote quite clearly shows their phone is larger than the C600 and the SP5?

C600 10.8 x 4.6 x 1.9

Axia 308 11.3 x 4.9 x 2.1

Are they mad!!!

Guest nickcornaglia

There are specs on the site and a price listed. It is a PPC...a tall and skinny PPC...but a PPC none the less. I'm using my phone or I would post a direct link. Look under Products.

Guest w411y

Woah hes right. Maybe they intended on sayin "Worlds Smallest Phone running WM5 for Pocket PC"

Quite a nice form factor for a PPC IMHO. The thing I prefer smartphones over PPCs is their ability to be used quickly using softkeys and type with one hand and it seems that this adds that by the looks of things ;) Nice

Edited by w411y

Guest ElGato65

Fifth Media introduces world’s smallest PDA Phone on Microsoft® Windows® Mobile 5 featuring Wifi connectivity

Edited by ElGato65

Guest fluffcat1
I thought it was a slide, ok sorry shall i change the title?

I would if I were you. And it's catagory, as it's wrong too....

And maybe set google as a favourite on your web browser for checking news stories? ;)

( It's O.K - I didn't spot it wasn't a smartphone either :oops: , and I had the advantage of knowing their web URL to get the 'proper' specs as opposed to 3rd hand from other sites. Bizarrely google doesn't throw up their official site to the top...)

EDIT - in the attached photo I can see 'pocket pc ' written top right of the screen... :oops: :roll:

The build quality of the A108 I saw did look good, I may well get one of these new ones.

Richard

Edited by fluffcat1

To be honest I think it's FUGLY but do like the fact that it's a PPC. would like to have a play with it to see how it works. just think the screen is something to get used to.

Pigo

Guest fluffcat1
yup tt is a PDA alrite, if u do dig deeper into their website, under http://www.vipn.ch/uk/produitsuk.htm u'll see more phones model they'll be dishing out, 1 particular model that entice me is the EMXI 700 tts at the bottom of the page ;)

I don't think that's an AXIA model? It's not on their own site - I think the Swiss site is a one-stop telecoms providor for broadband, VoIP, mobile etc, and they supply devices from various manufactruer's under one umbrella - much like UTStarcom in North America.

Could be wrong though?...

Richard

Guest nickcornaglia

I still don't know if it's really the world's smallest PDA with WiFi. Depends on which dimension you're looking at. That thing sure is tall. Not the shortest by a longshot. But it's skinny too. So we may need to measure square cm's to be sure that claim is correct. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.