Wifi Problems on MDA Compact 2

Guest AaronSoup

Guest AaronSoup

Using a Pretec SDIO Wifi card on an MDA Compact 2 (Windows Mobile 5.0)

The wifi logo is showing, when i go into settings, avaliable networks show up, but it can't connect.

Any idea's?

Guest windmillhills

WIFI problems with the MDA Compact II are already being discussed here:

MDA Compact II WIFI problems

You might want to continue on that thread instead. Unfortunately as you will read, the outcome does not bode well. In fact, if you have managed to get the WIFI logo to show you have achieved more than most.

Guest xspyda
Using a Pretec SDIO Wifi card on an MDA Compact 2 (Windows Mobile 5.0)

The wifi logo is showing, when i go into settings, avaliable networks show up, but it can't connect.

Any idea's?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting. Having got this far, what's the problem with connecting? Is it actually seeing the networks and negotiating? Are you trying to connect to an encrypted network or an open one?

I realise the problem is being discussed elsewhere but as you put it windmillhills, AaronSoup appears to have got further than most so perhaps it's worth keeping this thead to the point, rather than diverging towards waging a war on T-Mob?

Guest fUNKUS

ROFL

Youre probably right there waging a war isnt the best solution!

I am still trying to solve the problem so im delving a little deeper at XDA Developers, id love to fix it.

XDA Developers Clicky

fUNKUS

ps: If you like war see my latest pointless rant, i was particularly angry when i wrote this, sorry! (after 'Heres a 'real world' example' it get extra specially angry!)

Rant

Edited by fUNKUS