Tornado PowerControl

Guest merwin

Guest merwin
Which it did - damn.

Is the author not supporting this anymore?

what is the content of the shortcut that launches the program? if you do not specify dim or bright then it uses the most recent setting.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Finnsen

* bump *

I recently installed the TPC, and it works almost perfectly for me.

However, when I use the power button on my Qtek S200 unit, the display does not dim. The background light stays on. If I wait until the background light is turned off by the unit itself, the light stays off when I turn if off with the power button.

Any ideas on how this can be solved?

Guest merwin
* bump *

However, when I use the power button on my Qtek S200 unit, the display does not dim. The background light stays on. If I wait until the background light is turned off by the unit itself, the light stays off when I turn if off with the power button.

I don't expect the software to work properly on the Qtek S200, since it is not the Tornado platform. It is specifically written for the way the Tornado driver operates. If I had an S200, I could work something out for that, but unfortunately I do not :)

Guest Wombleuk
what is the content of the shortcut that launches the program? if you do not specify dim or bright then it uses the most recent setting.

OK, I can undertsnad that, but it hasn't run hiddn since that one time.

This is the shortcut.

60#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" hide

Graham

Edited by Wombleuk

Guest merwin
OK, I can undertsnad that, but it hasn't run hiddn since that one time.

This is the shortcut.

60#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" hide

Graham

Out of curiosity, what does the app say is the version number? And what phone model do you have? I just doublechecked on my SP5m, and having that exact shortcut works perfectly.

Have you tried launching it from your start menu instead of startup?

Guest Wombleuk
Out of curiosity, what does the app say is the version number? And what phone model do you have? I just doublechecked on my SP5m, and having that exact shortcut works perfectly.

Have you tried launching it from your start menu instead of startup?

Sorry for the late reply, for some reason I'm not getting email notifications on this topic, even though it says I am!

Anyway, the version is 1.3 and I'm using it on an 8310.

Running it from the start menu doesn't make any difference.

Cheers,

Guest question.com
* bump *

I'm hing the same problem on my mda. I have omapclock running also. when I click the pwer button, the screen goes white its like the ppc goes on standby, but the backlight is still on. hopefully there is a fix for this. I don't want my batt to drain

Guest merwin

Version 1.4: The update we've all been waiting four! :-)

This version updates the GUI, optimizes the events, and adds direct control of OMAPClock to overclock/underclock your CPU. Note that I am not responsible for any harm done to your phone using OMAPClock.

BTW, your battery life can be greatly increased by underclocking your phone. The opposite effect happens when you overclock it.

Guest merwin
I'm hing the same problem on my mda. I have omapclock running also. when I click the pwer button, the screen goes white its like the ppc goes on standby, but the backlight is still on. hopefully there is a fix for this. I don't want my batt to drain

The MDA is not an HTC Tornado. This program will not work with any phone that is outside of the HTC Tornado family.

Guest Corax

Thanks for the new release, in includes everything I was waiting for.

Now for me it's app in top ten. :)

The only thing to add (to make it completely prefect), is autostart link (like xbar does).

App (now) is very easy for newbies to use (and safe enough), so adding autostart feature would be great.

Thanks once again.

BR Oleg

Guest Wombleuk

For some reason TPC refuses to install on my device, even though I've got loads of room.

I can install it to my storage card, but then it says it can't find the power_on etc. shortcuts.

Guest merwin
For some reason TPC refuses to install on my device, even though I've got loads of room.

I can install it to my storage card, but then it says it can't find the power_on etc. shortcuts.

I think it's a simple case of RTFM :-) (j/k)

As the release notes say, the shortcuts included are just empty placeholders so you know where to place those files. Until you replace them with real shortcuts, you will continue to get those messages. They are harmless messages, and don't prevent the application from working.

Even with those messages, OMAPClock and the Dim/Bright settings will still function just fine.

Guest yoos

Anyone know how to tweak the phone so the backlight doesn't come on when the joystick is pressed or moved to save on battery power?

Guest Corax

MERVIN:

yesterday I tested my 8300 on lowest frequency setting (116MHz) in AlReader.

Afer 10 minutes or so, it went to soft reboot.... :)

I'm afraid that under 150MHz it will reboot anyway, going to check it.

Guest Quenotte
Version 1.4: The update we've all been waiting four! :-)

This version updates the GUI, optimizes the events, and adds direct control of OMAPClock to overclock/underclock your CPU. Note that I am not responsible for any harm done to your phone using OMAPClock.

BTW, your battery life can be greatly increased by underclocking your phone. The opposite effect happens when you overclock it.

Hi,

Thank you for your very useful soft but I've a request to improve it

Would it be possible to have two OMAPClock frequency settings? It would be great to have a frequency setting for power_On and another for power_backlightOff :)

Thanks in advance

Guest bbrockie

Hi there

Nice program you've made there :)

If I select any CPU speed below 180, my display starts to mess up a bit. It's mostly the top icons on my display (where the battery icon is) that starts to flicker.

Furthermore after installing Tornado PowerControl my screen is constantly on (bright). How can I change this back to normal?

I have a Qtek 8310, by the way

Guest merwin
Hi,

Thank you for your very useful soft but I've a request to improve it

Would it be possible to have two OMAPClock frequency settings? It would be great to have a frequency setting for power_On and another for power_backlightOff :)

Thanks in advance

Not at the moment, no. I don't see much of a benefit to over/under clocking the phone when the backlight changes to dim... and if you're talking about useridle (when the backlight is off completely), it's best to let the phone do its own power saving there. It does a very good job at that part of the power saving.

Guest merwin
Hi there

Nice program you've made there :)

If I select any CPU speed below 180, my display starts to mess up a bit. It's mostly the top icons on my display (where the battery icon is) that starts to flicker.

Furthermore after installing Tornado PowerControl my screen is constantly on (bright). How can I change this back to normal?

I have a Qtek 8310, by the way

Try the latest version (1.45). Some things have changed regarding the control of the display. Remember that this latest version requires Compact Framework 2.0 (read the release notes for a direct download to the 2mb file). CF2 can be installed directly to the storage card, so it won't take up space on your phone.

Guest RSkillz
The HTC Tornado phone automatically resets CPU speed when the phone goes into power saving mode. TPC automatically changes the CPU speed when the phone comes out of power saving mode.

Does this mean you cant set a lower cpu speed using "Power_UserIdle.lnk" when the phone switches into power saving mode?

Guest merwin
Does this mean you cant set a lower cpu speed using "Power_UserIdle.lnk" when the phone switches into power saving mode?

You can do whatever you want with those links. The OMAPClock speed is set before any links are executed, so the link files always get the last word. However, I haven't tested running OMAPClock on UserIdle, and again, I really wouldn't recommend it since it already uses a very low amount of power when in that mode already.

Guest RSkillz

I've placed a "PowerControl" shortcut in my startup folder containing the following command line for TornadoPowerControl 1.45:

60#"\Storage Card\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" bright hide

Tornado Power Control DOES start, BUT it doesn't hide automaticly anymore. Anyone with a possible solution?

(...Version 1.3 runs fine :) )

Edited by RSkillz

Guest oz666

Can you make an option for this program that reduce the light after an hour set by me (let's say 9 PM) and makes the light screen default after 7 AM ?

Guest merwin
Maybe it's a good idea to repack the install again without "Power_UserIdle.lnk" to avoid confusion?

Well, you can still run things with it... nothing says you have to use the LNK files for OmapClock :-)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.