SDA II - A step backwards?

Guest xspyda

Guest xspyda

Just been looking at what appears to be a great deal from TMobile (Flext) and the phone I was after was the SDA II. That was until I realised although it looks like the SP5m, there is one glaring omission - NO WI-FI!

So, The SDA has wi-fi, yet the SDA II (which you would expect to be the more advanced) does not ...

Am I missing something here ?

Guest Pondrew

@patrickem, the device xspyda is referring to is a T-Mobile UK (& Europe) device not available in the States. It's an entirely different device to the T-Mobile SDA sold over there in the US which DOES have wifi being an HTC Tornado.

The SDA II is an HTC Hurricane (same as the Orange SPV C550) in a SP5m case. As such it has a QVGA screen but doesn't have wifi, WM5, nor the newer OMAP 850 processor (it's got an OMAP 750 which was an evolution of the OMAP 730 in the original SDA).

Topic moved to HTC Hurricane section...

Guest xspyda
The SDA II is an HTC Hurricane (same as the Orange SPV C550) in a SP5m case. As such it has a QVGA screen but doesn't have wifi, WM5, nor the newer OMAP 850 processor (it's got an OMAP 750 which was an evolution of the OMAP 730 in the original SDA).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for clearing that up Pondrew. Seems a bit of a con on the part of TMobile - almost had me fooled!

I am particularly interested in the WiFi SP5m. Anyone know if it's likely to appear on TMob, perhaps as the SDA III ?