Qtek ROM Updates

Guest chickyd

Guest Rob.P
You still have the Qtek badge on the front? Mine rubbed off months ago! Their customer service seems to be the same - 'non existant'

Nope I don't have mine either, rubbed off within the first few weeks of use, still think it's better without it, but not telling Qtek that.

An update on what I was doing:

Someone from Qtek got back to me and asked for my IMEI number, so have emailed that to him a couple of days ago and that's the last I've heard so far, will post here when/if I get an answer.

I also did explain to them roughly what I said earlier in this thread, so they get the idea that some customers might be a bit cheesed off that they have fractured support for their device with other service companies that don't seem to have the level of support it's type of customers expect.

Guest minty1978

i have the i-mate rom on my MDA Vario (got bored of waiting for t-mobile) and it works fine. much better than the old version.

battery life has increased..as has the speed of the little blighter.

a worthy upgrade.

Guest woodshed
i have the i-mate rom on my MDA Vario (got bored of waiting for t-mobile) and it works fine. much better than the old version.

battery life has increased..as has the speed of the little blighter.

a worthy upgrade.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree - updated mine at the weekend and for me its like having a different phone. Its just so much quicker and more stable.

The battery icon definately stays at full for longer, but I've not actually done any tests to see if the battery actually lasts longer.

Chris

Guest mcalbala
Anyone know where I can get updates for my qtek 9100? When i go to the support site and type in my IMEi number it sends me to  http://www.teleservice.com ... this place doesn't point ot how to pick up a rom update...

anyone know what I'm talking about?

Cheers...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try the XDA Developer's site - they have 2.17 posted for IMATE, T-Mobile and QTEK (I installed the QTek 9100 with no issues) Mark

Guest Wozbacca

which imate rom did you guys install? does it have the messaging security feature pack, and the AK2U thingy for direct push email?