SMT 5600 and Holux GPSlim 236 - Help!

Guest kc8lir

Guest kc8lir

Hi everyone,

I've been doing some searching on here and Google, and pretty much everywhere I could. I've read that the Holux GPSlim 236 seems to be compatible with Smartphones, including the SMT5600. However, I'm running into problmes.

I seem to be able to pair the two, however the blue light on the GPSlim keeps flashing at the rate of once per second, which I know it's not supposed to do once transferring data.

Can anyone who has successfully used the two coupled together help? Was there anything special you had to do? This is frustrating the hell out of me.

THanks!

Guest sdauser

Hi Kc8lir,

I have the same gps unit and a t-mobile SDA. I had problems at first but got them working together eventually. As far as I remeber I deleted all bluetooth pairings, set up the bluetooth serial port on the phone (Start > Configuations > BTSerialPortSetup i think) repaired the Holux and the phone and setup any gps applications to use COM port 7 (or whatever the outgoing COM port you set up was) and baud rate 38400.

I know this isn't very precise but it might give you a head start on getting things working.

Hi everyone,

I've been doing some searching on here and Google, and pretty much everywhere I could.  I've read that the Holux GPSlim 236 seems to be compatible with Smartphones, including the SMT5600.  However, I'm running into problmes.

I seem to be able to pair the two, however the blue light on the GPSlim keeps flashing at the rate of once per second, which I know it's not supposed to do once transferring data.

Can anyone who has successfully used the two coupled together help?  Was there anything special you had to do?  This is frustrating the hell out of me.

THanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest kc8lir
Hi Kc8lir,

I have the same gps unit and a t-mobile SDA. I had problems at first but got them working together eventually. As far as I remeber I deleted all bluetooth pairings, set up the bluetooth serial port on the phone (Start > Configuations > BTSerialPortSetup i think) repaired the Holux and the phone and setup any gps applications to use COM port 7 (or whatever the outgoing COM port you set up was) and baud rate 38400.

I know this isn't very precise but it might give you a head start on getting things working.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm.. I tried, was still having problems. Going to have to give it a shot again though.

Strange thing is that normally when I use the receiver with my iPAQ, the blue light flashes once every three seconds once they're talking to each other. When using the SMT5600, the light is flashing only once every second, almost like it isn't paired. Yet, the SMT5600 seems to pair to it just fine.

I'm going to have to keep playing with it.

Thanks for the reponse though! It is definitely appreciated!