Bluetooth Today plugin

Guest SeriousSam-

Guest SeriousSam-

Does anyone know of a bluetooth today plugin or system tray util that alerts me of the status of my bluetooth (on or off) without the need to go into connection manager.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PReDiToR

In the new firmware I got for my m5000 there is a plugin that shows your operator, wifi and bluetooth status. Maybe you could pull it out and use it?

Looking at the registry it seems the plugin is called "NETUI.DLL".

This is quite handy because I use the device in the car at night when that nasty flashing light is a distraction. Needless to say I used a registry hack and disabled all flashing lights on the thing.

In case anyone is interested, HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\AllLEDMgr - Index=0

Now the only light I see is the power light when charging, but it does display some erratic behaviour.

Guest SeriousSam-
In the new firmware I got for my m5000 there is a plugin that shows your operator, wifi and bluetooth status. Maybe you could pull it out and use it?

Looking at the registry it seems the plugin is called "NETUI.DLL".

This is quite handy because I use the device in the car at night when that nasty flashing light is a distraction. Needless to say I used a registry hack and disabled all flashing lights on the thing.

In case anyone is interested, HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\AllLEDMgr - Index=0

Now the only light I see is the power light when charging, but it does display some erratic behaviour.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How would I register the dll as a today plugin?

Cheers 8)

Guest PReDiToR

On my device the key is:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Wireless"

DLL = netui.dll

Enabled = 1

Flags = 0

Options = 0

Order = 0

Type = 4

This is broadly the same as the rest of the Today items.

The DLL is 146.6K though, so it is rather large. Maybe you could have a look for a plugin that does this instead? For 150K you could install a whole program with much more functionality ...