Imate JAMin

Guest skiitz

Guest skiitz

Hi Guys,

I am having a problem with Media Player on my JAMin, well not so much media player however my JAMin seems to not know what an mp3 is (ie lost the file extension). If i open my music from media player there is no problem however if i go into File Explorer and browse to my storage card all the mp3's have no icon (just the default one windows shows when it does not know the file). If i try to open any mp3 i receive the error

"The file 'xx' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. You might need to reinstall or restore this file"

This also seems to affect mp3 ring tones as if i choose a ring tone which is an mp3 the phone simply does nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also on Windows Mobile CE it had the option of 'Automatic profile where it would change to silent if i was marked busy (in the calendar) and normal if i i was free, however i cannot seem to find this anywhere. If anyone knows of a way to achieve this it would be great.

Thanks

Alan

(Hope it was not too much to read)

Guest chucky.egg

I cant explain the cause of the MP3 issue, but you might be able to fix it by using a File Explorer (or Reg Editor if you're comfortable with that) to tell the device what app to use for MP3 files.

As for automatic profiles you could try PocketPC Profiles Pro (which is free on these forums, and lets you set ringtones, volumes etc)

If you want to selectively block callers at certain times you could try Novosec's Smart Filter Pro (you need the Pro version for the Smart Profile option I think)

http://www.novomobile.com/smartfilter.php