Battery Life concerns with Direct Push email

Guest rockykabir

Guest rockykabir

The possibility of T-Mobile bringing unlimited GPRS is great. I can't wait to get my Direct Push email sorted. BTW - will we have to pay for an extra service from T-Mobile (UK) to enable Direct Push or would having the GPRS be sufficient?

Another thing that has hit me was whether we'll have to enable GPRS on all day....Is this necessary or will it use a sms based system?

For people who leave their GPRS on all day for Messenger+email for example, how long is your average battery life?

I don't think many complained about the battery life on the Blackberries - but I suppose they weren't that power consuming right?

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Push Email will require just GPRS, there is no SMS system.

GPRS usage will lower the battery life, but i would imagine not painfully so. Presumably it depends on how much email you receive!

Guest redvers
The possibility of T-Mobile bringing unlimited GPRS is great. I can't wait to get my Direct Push email sorted. BTW - will we have to pay for an extra service from T-Mobile (UK) to enable Direct Push or would having the GPRS be sufficient?

To enable BlackBerry functionality (Instant Email) costs an extra £10 a month. If you have unlimited GPRS, I'm guessing you would have to use a "pull" service rather than a push service to use your allowance.

Guest xrfil
The possibility of T-Mobile bringing unlimited GPRS is great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry to jump in here, but wheres that info from, been searching all over the t-mobile site and can find nothing???