PocketNesterPlus 0.9

Guest masterall

I have a Q9h and originally I had the same problem. Then I played arround with the with the graphics options. I think the "show all 240 scanlines" is what fixed it for me. After you make a change resume/reset the game and see if the display is fixed. Otherwise I set it up exactly as is described here:

http://www.qusers.com/article.php/20060724213821271

note: to get to the options you have to press the menu key then the right soft key. If you set it up like above then the menu key is "M"

I installed this on my Q9h and for some reason the screen display is messed up. It looks like the screen starts in the middle, then wraps around the right side and comes back around on the left. In other words, what should be on the left of the screen, is in the middle, then the middle of the screen is actually on the far right. Then the right half of the screen appears on the left side of the screen.

I tried to adjust each of the 3 display settings with no luck. When the game is paused, it shows correctly.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm on WM6 and just wondering if that's why its not working.

Guest aunaliaa

i jus need sum help gettin pocketnester on to my blackjack

wat i do is installed a couple of files nd blah blah nd den wen i go toput it on my phone using a program called tget i think??

yeah it says its not ment to b on ur phone lik im not sure if im doin it right

iwas wondering if someone cud give me directions or a link for sum directions

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TUSigmaChi

I just installed pocketnester on my blackjack ii and downloaded roms from surrealnetworks. I've noticed that when I tried to load several games (legend of zelda in particular) that the phone freezes and I have to power it off and then back on. I even have the problem of playing a game once (tetris), quitting, and trying to reload later and it does the same thing.

My question is this, I installed pocketnester and tgetfile, but did not make any other changes. Are there registry concerns I should be aware of? are the roms I'm using faulty (if you've used them before)? could this be related to older versions of software while I'm currently running windows mobile 6? the games are saved in a folder under my documents, should they be somewhere else?

Any help would be great as I'm just looking for something to pass time and not worry about multiple button depressions.

Thanks in advance

Edited by TUSigmaChi

Guest CrazyP

hmm, can anyone tell me if this emulator works on an XV6700?

i've also tried that Smart NES stuff and it doesn't work either :D i just want to be able to play some Nintendo on the go!!! :D

thanks in advance for any information that you guys can give me :(

oh, when i try to open a rom, it flashes a gray screen and then the bottom has some static looking stuff, and i'm botted back to my home screen :S

Guest srich2007
Quick question: I have the Motorola Q9c (Windows Mobile 6), and when I try to assign keys from the QWERTY keyboard to act as the A and B buttons, they don't work. Rather, they bring up the taskbar on the bottom with the "File" and "Options" menus. I am using 0.9. I have also tried the Alternate Mapping option on the Controls Menu, but it doesn't fix the problem.

I can use the two softbuttons at the top, but its hard to do things like running and jumping at the same time when the buttons are not next to each other.

Anyone have a fix or workaround?

Thanks!

I have the Q9m as well. Everything is working fine except for a few of the keys. I set everything exactly the same as my original Q but im having a problem assigning the A button. I have B assigned to O and i try to put A to the P key. When i go to to play a game and I hit the P key it acts as if i hit the menu key. :D :(

Add me in as another confused user with the same issue. I have a Motorola Q9m (Windows Mobile 6) and for some reason when I hit the key that I assign to the "A" button, it acts like I hit the menu button instead. Can anyone help with this? I'm dying to play NES on my phone!

Here's the problem I am running into...

When I select/search for the ROM Nester simply goes back to the black main screen. Anybody have any idea's on what this is?!

I've got the right files, ROMS, and everything in place except it isn't accessing the ROMS folder.

Ok so easy fix...I just click on the ROM and it starts up just fine.

Now here's what I am experiencing. Nester doesn't remember my key settings, and game response to key input is very slow.

Suggestions please.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vinitwins

installed it on my tytn ii and the application starts up, but when i open any rom (nes or zipped) it shows some garbage on the screen and dies. any suggestions?

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlueSonic

This emulator runs fast, stable and perfectly (the sounds is also perfect) on my Samsung i600 (european version of Blackjack) with Windows Mobile 5. I plan installing WM6 soon so let's see how it works after that...

Guest Wheelman
Add me in as another confused user with the same issue. I have a Motorola Q9m (Windows Mobile 6) and for some reason when I hit the key that I assign to the "A" button, it acts like I hit the menu button instead. Can anyone help with this? I'm dying to play NES on my phone!

I'm having the same problem too on my Q9. I had this working perfectly on my old Q, its such a disspointment not to be able to play NES games, because this emulator was THE BEST! Anybody offer some help here? Even pressing the center button of the D-Pad goes to the menu...

Guest brrrdog

I'm using a Motorola Q9C and I'm having the same key problem. I'm noticing that most of the keys map to 0x10 when I try to set up the controller. Any suggestions?

Edited by brrrdog

Guest superchi

Is anyone having any issues with PocketNester not remembering settings? More specifically the "Associate NES roms" checkbox. I can't load up games anymore because I can't associate the ROMs to PocketNester, so opening ROMs through the file browser doesn't do anything.

Guest GotToast06
I'm using a Motorola Q9C and I'm having the same key problem. I'm noticing that most of the keys map to 0x10 when I try to set up the controller. Any suggestions?

I've got a Q9m and had noticed the same thing... first make sure when you're in PocketNester you hit your function key "FN" in the lower left to put the Q in abc mode. Then go to options>controllers and set your controls. I'd start off by hitting Del before setting a new key. The 0x10 issue seems to be with every non number pad key except V, B, N, M, ., ENTER, and the space bar. So, with the qwerty on the new Q's T, Y, U, I, O, P, H, J, K, & L CAN NOT be selected as controllers or they will show as 0x10. This is also why when you try to set P to = the A button it pulls up the menu instead. Thanks to whoever figured out to push and hold in the scroll button to turn the sound down that was a big help, just wish it was more adjustable... now if I could only rotate the screen I'd never put my Q down LOL! :)

Guest randy74
I've got a Q9m and had noticed the same thing... first make sure when you're in PocketNester you hit your function key "FN" in the lower left to put the Q in abc mode. Then go to options>controllers and set your controls. I'd start off by hitting Del before setting a new key. The 0x10 issue seems to be with every non number pad key except V, B, N, M, ., ENTER, and the space bar. So, with the qwerty on the new Q's T, Y, U, I, O, P, H, J, K, & L CAN NOT be selected as controllers or they will show as 0x10. This is also why when you try to set P to = the A button it pulls up the menu instead. Thanks to whoever figured out to push and hold in the scroll button to turn the sound down that was a big help, just wish it was more adjustable... now if I could only rotate the screen I'd never put my Q down LOL! :)

all you have to do is hit options / display / landscape left ... and your all set

Guest jarlehal
installed it on my tytn ii and the application starts up, but when i open any rom (nes or zipped) it shows some garbage on the screen and dies. any suggestions?

thanks.

Have the same issue on Touch Cruise. Seems to be a bug related to screen resolution or something, as it works in landscape mode. Try switching to landscape in the display menu.

Guest rushmore

Anyone have problems with Pocketnester slowing down on the Dash?

It sometimes plays great, but then slows down the next time I open it. This happens with no other apps running and also after rebooting. I thought it was a problem with prgrams on the Dash, but did the same thing when I did a new rom install.

I am able to play Smartgear with no slowdown and other apps running (Opera as an example). Picodrive also plays well.

Seems to be something to do with the program itself and the Dash. I guess.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Die Bruine

Anyone have an idea as to why I can't choose landscape mode? Using Dr.Gizmo 6.1 on a HTC VOX. In portrait mode it works like a charm.

Guest eddy_1126
Based on PocketNester 0.7a, also learned many from NNNesterj, InfoNes, VirtuaNes, VirtuaNes(TPU), Nestopia. It support various dispaly mode for both PocketPC and SmartPhone(176x220, QVGA, VGA and other non standard resolution).

All mappers supports now:

It use backspace key to pause game on SmartPhone.

1. add SmartPhone support for 176x220 and QVGA

2. add smooth stretch

1. add various display mode

2. add mapper74 (not perfect now)

3. fix mapper91, street fighter (9 people) runs well now

4. add mapper 6, 62, 96, 114, 115, 140, 184, 222, 241, 244, 249, 250, 251, 252, 254, NSF

1. add mapper 12,20, 61, 107, 108, 109, 110, 116, 133, 134, 135, 164, 165, 167, 191, 193, 194, 201

2. support Finial Fantasy V Chinese version, support Dragon Quest 3 Chinese version, Dragon Quest 4 still has some problem.

3. fix the display setting dialog bug when select "set default"

1. add mapper 53,56,102,137,138,139, 141, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 152, 154, 217

2. fix Final Fantasy III Chinese version halt in start

3. improve mapper 115

4. add Menu Key(used to pause game) setting

5. partialy fix mapper 27, World Hero Chinese version almost playable

1. add mapper 163, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 211, 213, 215, 216 PAL Chinese version is playable

1. partially fix the display problem when exit.

2. fix mapper 74, You Chevalier and some other Chinese games displayed correctly.

1. rewrite windows handler, better titlebar refreshing

2. rewrite blitter, add vga support

3. restore screenpad for pocketpc

4. fix mapper170

5. fix mapper74, Dai-2-Ji - Super Robot Taisen (ch), Dragon Ball Z 2 - Gekishin Freeza! (ch),

Dragon Ball Z Gaiden - Saiya Jin Zetsumetsu Keikaku (ch), Sangokushi (ch) works well now

6. fix mapper83, world heros2 display well

7. fix mapper245, Ying Lie Qun Xia Zhuan (ch) works

8. fix mapper249...

1. add support for rar compress format

2. fix mapper74

3. fix mapper163

1. fix mapper74, chaos world(ch) works

2. fix the rom can not be opened on pocketpc when tgetfile.dll is not present, it use system getfiledlg instead

3. add support for landscape qvga, add support for non standard resolution

tgetfile.dll is needed which is available at http://tillanosoft.com/ce/tgetfile.html

but how do i open rooms or where to go to download room like super mario room can anybody tell me how to do it plzz

Guest 88Saleen351

I'm using a Motorola Q9M and this emulator works flawlessly.Aside of the key problem.I selected the "use alternate key mapping" and asigned the "M" and "." keys as my B - A fire keys.Use the space button as Start and "B" as Select.No problems after that.The only real problem I have with this emu. is it has a bad problem with a directional key sticking.It happens once in a blue moon but when it does....al controls including the red power key are non-funcrional.The game continues to run with the key/character moving in that direction (usually the "Right" >> key) and a battery pull is the only way to shut it off.I noticed it may happen more often if you start pressing keys too soon after loading/saving state.So wait a few seconds after loading/saving to allow save info and game stops being choppy.Other than that..over 86 files and they all runs perfect.Even Cybernoid...which usually bugs out on most PC emu's..And to change to Landscape mode or any other for that matter....have display mode selected .....then push "right" to change the mode.