Bluetooth and Activesync are driving me mad!

Guest duclicsic

Guest duclicsic

Ok, so i've searched the forums, i've found the discussions, i've tried out the tricks, but i'm still at a loss. Just got the phone the other day and i've had it wired up and working with AS fine, i've tried adding the phone from my computer, the computer from the phone, ive made sure the com ports are enabled on the phone and set up on the computer, i've tried that pocket bluetooth tools app, but it simply didnt work, the little extra screen that should appear when pairing never shows. when AS is searching for a device in "get connected" the device page in my computer bluetooth settings suddenly tells me the device is connected, but the activesync wizard doents recognise it at all..

i'm using an old-ish MSI usb bluetooth dongle, anyone had a problem with these?

i really am about to lose my nut over this, can anyone suggest something im missing?

Guest Samsonite

dont worry about the shame!!! what did the trick? i've never had it work since the dongle was pulled from out of the hub; i plugged it back in and its never been the same..

and welcome to the forum!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

The trick i've found is to ensure that you have an incomming com port on your BT software. Then pair your device from the PC and "Activesync" should come up as a service - you MUST have AS running on both PC and device, and AS connection settings allowing serial connections on the incoming COM port!

Guest Samsonite
The trick i've found is to ensure that you have an incomming com port on your BT software.  Then pair your device from the PC and "Activesync" should come up as a service - you MUST have AS running on both PC and device, and AS connection settings allowing serial connections on the incoming COM port!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

'ppreciate the tip but to be honest i have tried everything so many times and it just never works... :cry:

this isnt the thread for this so i wont go into the numerous problems i've had but suffice to say i have come to the conclusion that life is too short... Me and blutoof-based web surfing just dont get on... i'm not too bothered, i intend to go wifi in the near future and then all will be solved - with better range and datarate!!

i dont sync with the home PC just the work Exchange server via the laptop AS connection so i dont even care about wifi sync hassles either! ;)

thanks again tho!