Using MDA Vario as Bluetooth Modem

Guest jamie53

Guest jamie53

Hi all

I'm pretty new to all this Pocket PC stuff so forgive me if I sound like I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill here.

I'm trying to use my MDA Vario as a Bluetooth modem so I can access the Internet on my laptop.

I've followed the help guidance on the T-Mobile website (http://p44rfs76.msw-cca1.com/start.asp?manual=1282) but when I try and connect to the Net I keep getting "Error 692: There was a hardware failure in the modem (or other connecting device)."

To double check I tried setting it up in the same way on my desktop but I still get the error message. I'm using a Belkin bluetooth adapter which sets up a modem automatically when it pairs with the Vario.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

Guest marcwic

I have used it as a modem with my other PDA (iPaq 2200) - i just dialed *99# and used the access point "general.t-mobile.uk"

Hi all

I'm pretty new to all this Pocket PC stuff so forgive me if I sound like I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill here.

I'm trying to use my MDA Vario as a Bluetooth modem so I can access the Internet on my laptop.

I've followed the help guidance on the T-Mobile website (http://p44rfs76.msw-cca1.com/start.asp?manual=1282) but when I try and connect to the Net I keep getting "Error 692: There was a hardware failure in the modem (or other connecting device)."

To double check I tried setting it up in the same way on my desktop but I still get the error message.  I'm using a Belkin bluetooth adapter which sets up a modem automatically when it pairs with the Vario.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 5 weeks later...
Guest randomspam

jamie53

I'm having the exact same problem with my vario and have followed the instructions you used too.

DId you manage to find a fix?

Guest ivanmmj

The way I do it is that I pair up the phone with the computer using WIDCOMM as a dial up device. Then I dial out the phone as listed above. I remember that I DID have that same problem at first, but I can't remember how I fixed it... when I do, I'll post it.