AKU2 / MSFP released for Orange SPV M5000

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

MSFP / AKU2 is here for the SPV M5000!

Offering push email, the latest OS tweaks and fixes and NO A2DP... it's a recommended install for all SPV M5000 users.

Get it HERE!

The lowdown:

Set up Real Time Microsoft Outlook on your SPV M5000.

As part of our commitment to enable Customers to get the most from their devices, Orange are now enabling all existing SPV M5000 users to set up access to real time MS Outlook. Imagine that, emails and calendar updates automatically sent and received from you mobile device as well as access to all your tasks and contacts on the move.

All you need to do is:

1) Speak to your IT manager to establish whether your company has the appropriate Microsoft Exchange 2003 and network infrastructure for push email.

2) Simply download our free ‘AKU2’ software pack from the link below using the instructions provided.

3) Configure the device, with the help of your IT Department with the necessary settings.

;)

P

logo-coolsmartphone.gif

Guest its_millertime22

Strange that they've decided to bundle the new ROM with Radio 1.03 since i-mate went with 1.09...

Will have to see if it's as stable as they obviously think it is.

Pete

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

A2DP = enables stereo bluetooth headphone profiles, so you can play your mp3's over BT headphones.

MSFP = Messaging and Security Feature Pack, more for corporate users than personal, allows allways up to date email, remote device wipe, etc....

Incedentally msmobiles has a quote from Orange saying there will be a further update in the summer to enable A2DP...

Guest Skilty

Did the update last night - mainly due to the fact my M5000 kept trying to connect with the internet and running up a £100 wap data bill for February. (God knows how I managed to use 38mb of wap, but Orange are looking into it!)

Anyway, I thought I'd post my findings so far:

Device does seem quicker, menu's pop up faster and I've yet to see the "loading" symbol once!

different front end when you configure the device; new windows mobile blue splash screen.

U symbol on the top bar has been replaced by a 3G symbol.

I don't know whether the device lock option for the today screen was in the previous rom (I can't remember seeing it, or using it) but it's definately there now.

New "Comm Manager". New interface thats replaced the old Phone/Bluetooth/Wifi switcher program. There seems to be a few new options on this. I have'nt played around with it yet but it comprises of: Phone/Bluetooth/Wifi as before but now also has a PDA symbol, Sound/vibrate option, activesync, and Message symbol (which is probably linked to the new push email facility (not tried that yet either!)

Thats about all I've found so far.

However here's a couple of strange things that have happened since the update:

Activesync set up quite easily (I know that's strange in itself!) but it would not allow me to sync my Outlook contacts back to the device. I had to use a contact back up program I got off the BuzDev website. This was'nt a problem for me before.

The other one is I had quite a few tsk files in my windows/documents folder before the update. All of which disappeared after the update except one. Silverado.tsk. Now I got that file originally by using Wisbar Advance 2 and WAD and It's confusing me as to how it was still on the device. Either it has stayed on the device after the update somehow or Orange have shipped this with the new rom??

Anyone shed any light on this or am I being the complete noob that I am? :oops:

Guest Jasonkruys

Also there appears to be much less in the notification queue, and no duplicates!

Battery Icon has been removed from the system tray, and put up on the top bar. doesnt seem to show much in the way of varying battery status.

Guest buono

Does seem faster.

Annoyingly, the constant appearance of the battery icon in the top bar (which I do not need as I use Pocket Plus) has removed the time from the top bar.

Seems not way of removing the battery icon or getting the time back!

It ruined my Opera browser though. Now displays the wingdings font in the address bar and in form fields. Fixed thanks to the advice given HERE.

Edited by buono

Guest bluemeat
Activesync set up quite easily (I know that's strange in itself!) but it would not allow me to sync my Outlook contacts back to the device. I had to use a contact back up program I got off the BuzDev website. This was'nt a problem for me before.

Ob silly questions : have you installed activesync 4.1? It did say at the end that 4.1 is now required.. I did notice that 4.1 wouldn't sync before the upgrade.

Guest Paul [MVP]

To fix the Opera problem, copy the Arial font from \Windows\Fonts on your Desktop PC to \Windows\Fonts on your Pocket PC.

Sorted ;)

P

• 1 month later...
Guest sgparry
Does seem faster.

Annoyingly, the constant appearance of the battery icon in the top bar (which I do not need as I use Pocket Plus) has removed the time from the top bar.

Seems not way of removing the battery icon or getting the time back!

It ruined my Opera browser though. Now displays the wingdings font in the address bar and in form fields. Fixed thanks to the advice given HERE.

According to MS blogs, They put the battery icon up there to be consistent with WM 5 for DumbPhone and after feedback from users. Certainly wasn't this user! Anyhow, if you set the Settings -> Clocks and Alarms -> More -> Display the clock on the title bar... setting, only Today shows the battery, everything else shows the time. Apparently MS realised whoops! we upset some users, so there is now an AKU2.2 with a reg setting in to change back - but you can bet Orange will never get around to releasing it!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.