GPRS "G" Icon Dissapearing

Guest GarethWW

Guest GarethWW

Hi,

Can someone help me with a small problem (at least I think it is!)

When I reboot my phone, I get the "G" icon on the Internal and External screens with no problem. However, after a short time (or moving to somewhere different) they dissapear.

When I then try to connect to the internet or send am MMS, I can't as it tries to use WAP instead of GPRS!

If I reeboot the phone again - the "G"'s come back again.

Any ideas why and how to sort it please.

Gareth.

Guest nathanm412

I really wish I could help you. Ever since I did that rom update several months back, I have been unable to connect via gprs. It's extremely annoying.

Guest goatpunch
When I reboot my phone, I get the "G" icon on the Internal and External screens with no problem. However, after a short time (or moving to somewhere different) they dissapear.

When I then try to connect to the internet or send am MMS, I can't as it tries to use WAP instead of GPRS!

If I reeboot the phone again - the "G"'s come back again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, I don't completely understand the problem from your description. When you say 'connect to the internet', do you mean with Pocket Internet Explorer? You should double check that your GPRS settings match those from your service provider, and that you've selected 'Internet' for the GPRS connection. Make sure that you've selected 'Internet' in your Pocket Internet Explorer connection options too.

If you see a solid "G" like this, then it means that GPRS is available, not that you've connected to GPRS:

MPx220-01.JPG

When you've connected to GPRS, you'll see a little "G" in the top right hand corner like this:

spgtc_screenshot1.gif

Guest GarethWW

Thanks for the reply goatpunch,

My problem is that the "GPRS is available" indicator dissapears after a short while, and only comes back when re-booting the phone.

It doesn't matter where I am, there is always GPRS coverage, however the phone doesn't show this unless I re-boot - and only then for a short while.

Gareth