new to ppc themeing

Hi All

I've had somewhat successful results creating themes for smartphone but I've just jumped into the world of PPC and would like to make my own theme.

Is xml used also? or is there an app (like madbeetles one for smartphone?) for creating themes? I saw thememaker but is seems limited, cant seem to add plugins or move around stuff (eg calander)

anyone I'm a noob to this so any tips anyone can provide are greatly appreciated.

thanks

gerryR

We've tried but at least some of us can't seem to find out how to fidle with the code.

you can't move around the plugins because this is done on your PPC. In the options menu tap on today. and in the Items tab you'll find the plugin list. you can add & remove items and you can re-arrange them.

and as far as a theme maker goes. microsoft theme generator is not sufficient. but there is a addon. SPB's Extended Theme Generator is the right add-on.

with the latest version you can even make portrait & landscape themes. this is discussed in another thread in the PPC customisation area.

here's a link. You'll find the link to SPB's theme generator there aswell.

Portrait & landscape themes

Pigo

We've tried but at least some of us can't seem to find out how to fidle with the code.

you can't move around the plugins because this is done on your PPC. In the options menu tap on today. and in the Items tab you'll find the plugin list. you can add & remove items and you can re-arrange them.

and as far as a theme maker goes. microsoft theme generator is not sufficient. but there is a addon. SPB's Extended Theme Generator is the right add-on.

with the latest version you can even make portrait & landscape themes. this is discussed in another thread in the PPC customisation area.

here's a link. You'll find the link to SPB's theme generator there aswell.

Portrait & landscape themes

Pigo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers for the info Pigo, guess I'll have to resort to MS Theme generator so, shame I like tweekin thing in npad or similar.

Thanks for the info

gerryR

ta

don't worry. your not the only one. i'm used to fidling with codes in notepad aswell. used to do all my html in notepad aswell. sadly enough i think we are doomed to thememakers. not entirely, but that's very complicated.

but i have hope for the future. animated themes are available now. maybe flas themes in the future :-p .... i wish!

when i have time I'll make some skins. time to boost the skin numbers. not enough available.

Pigo

p.s. this was posted from my wizard through wifi.... damn i love this phone!!

don't worry. your not the only one. i'm used to fidling with codes in notepad aswell. used to do all my html in notepad aswell. sadly enough i think we are doomed to thememakers. not entirely, but that's very complicated.

but i have hope for the future. animatedĀ  themes are available now. maybe flas themes in the future :-pĀ  .... i wish!

when i have time I'll make some skins. time to boost the skin numbers. not enough available.

Pigo

p.s. this was posted from my wizard through wifi.... damn i love this phone!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cheers Pigo, I tried thememaker (suggested by someone here I think) and is seems good enough (although I can't find where to change the soft button text color!) I've added one to the theme sections (its waiting approval I think) Hopefully they'll get better as I go along :oops:

thanks for the info and heres to populating the QVGA PPC WM5 theme section :exclaim:

atb

gerryR

PS- Loving my new PPC