I-mate SP5 ROM Officially Released today !

Guest rmastbro

Guest shadamehr

W O W - er...

Mmmm - here's one for you folks (and you too Paul as it might interest you specifically...)

Sure enough, the USB Switch tool I mentioned now in the Accessories folder...

I set mine to Serial...

Connected my data cable...

And ActiveSync loaded on the PC and saw my device etc...

BUT...

Much quicker and without the "aquiring network and IP" icon that would be there, under the normal RNDIS connection method.

What are the implications of this, with ActiveSync then working it's old fashioned normal way?

Guest Pagemakers

VERY SADLY if your phone is 'sleeping' and it needs to dial up to poll your pop mailbox, even with wifi enabled it still uses GPRS!!

Crazy, crazy crazy ;)

Guest ppreece
W O W - er...

Mmmm - here's one for you folks (and you too Paul as it might interest you specifically...)

Sure enough, the USB Switch tool I mentioned now in the Accessories folder...

I set mine to Serial...

Connected my data cable...

And ActiveSync loaded on the PC and saw my device etc...

BUT...

Much quicker and without the "aquiring network and IP" icon that would be there, under the normal RNDIS connection method.

What are the implications of this, with ActiveSync then working it's old fashioned normal way?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'd guess serial speeds (sloooow) but connectivity without needing activesync installed.

Edited by ppreece

Guest derek_k

Sweet - some questions for SP5 users:

If you installed the WWE ROM, can you get the EDGE "E" icon using the registry edit?

From what I gather, the application unlocking process is the same as with the previous ROM, correct?

And of course general comments as to the speed and stability of the new ROM are always welcome ;)

EDIT: Oh and I'm also curious as to whether compatibility has improved in the new Java runtime... Maybe support for JPEGs in apps like Google Local Mobile? Ha, wishful thinking I bet!

Edited by derek_k

Guest Pagemakers

1) Dunno but I have performed the reg edit. I'm not in EDGE coverage here.

2) Yes

3) Don't notice any difference at all regarding speed.

Guest nitramk

ok, so....

when I'm trying to install this update on my Qtek 8300 i only get a "invalid vender id" error. What can I do to make it work?

Guest roma0803
VERY SADLY if your phone is 'sleeping' and it needs to dial up to poll your pop mailbox, even with wifi enabled it still uses GPRS!!

Crazy, crazy crazy ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope. You can disable WiFi going off in the WiFi settings.

Guest roma0803
Just updated rom, where do i get the list > icon changing app from?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same page you found the ROM. i-mate Software pack. Also has the Virusscanner and the i-mate Homescreens.

Guest leethacker

Guys, I think there is a huge bug in this new ROM. All my birthdays are shown one day earlier on the phone than on my computer. Same happens to all "whole day" appointments in the calendar.

Am I the only one with this weird problem?

EDIT: And guess what happens when I enter the right birthday on the phone and syncronize afterward with my PC. Yes, the f**** birthday is then one day earlier on the PC. :cry: :cry:

Edited by leethacker

Guest roma0803
Guys, I think there is a huge bug in this new ROM. All my birthdays are shown one day earlier on the phone than on my computer. Same happens to all "whole day" appointments in the calendar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check the timezone on your phone. Most likely it's in the wrong one.

Guest ppreece

I don't have this problem

Guest ppreece

One registry edit i had to do for this rom (and the original, but i thought it'd be worth noting) is:

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\WiFi

Name: ScanInterval

Default Value: 30

New Value: 1

I believe this makes the wifi scan every second instead of every 30, background to this is my wifi router doesnt always accept new clients first time, so this makes the sp5 retry quicker. Which in reduces the time it takes to get online by at least 30 seconds.

Guest leethacker
Nor me?

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I made some further investigation and found out that only all appointments that where entered before the ROM Update make these problems. If I enter a completely new event, everything is fine.

But I have so many old appointments. What can I do now?