alarms not working in powersave - xda mini s

Guest gmail

Guest gmail

Friend of mine has the XDA Mini S. He's found that when he sets an alarm, the device won't alert if it's in powersave mode (which it very often is, of course, to make sure the battery lasts more than a few hours).

Has anyone else encountered this - or knows how to fix it?

thanks...

Guest Madeye
Friend of mine has the XDA Mini S. He's found that when he sets an alarm, the device won't alert if it's in powersave mode (which it very often is, of course, to make sure the battery lasts more than a few hours).

Has anyone else encountered this - or knows how to fix it?

thanks...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think most people have encountered this! I did this morning, again. Thankfully it wasn't important that I was up.

So far I don't think there are any solutions as such, although leaving the phone on charge during the time the alarm should go off seems to semi sort it out. Not every time tho!

It's a really bad flaw in the design but unfortunately there isn't a fix for it... yet!

I'd recommend not using the wizard as an alarm... ever!

:S

Guest marcwic
I think most people have encountered this!  I did this morning, again.  Thankfully it wasn't important that I was up.

So far I don't think there are any solutions as such, although leaving the phone on charge during the time the alarm should go off seems to semi sort it out.  Not every time tho!

It's a really bad flaw in the design but unfortunately there isn't a fix for it... yet!

I'd recommend not using the wizard as an alarm... ever!

:S

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's always been that way with PocketPCs. I would never trust them, I could trust my Nokia however. Shame!