Disconnecting GPRS

Guest Sipowell

Guest Sipowell

Hello,

I have just been given a S100 and love it so far, but I have one question.

I have managed to set everything up so that I can surf the internet and collect e-mail. When I do so the 'large G in a square' changes to a 'small G with arrows'. I believe that the 'large G in a square' indicates that GPRS is available and the 'small G with arrows' indicates that I am actually connected.

My question is "How do I get the GPRS to disconnect (revert the 'large G in a square') when I have finished? I have clicked on the 'small G with arrows' and it says connected. There is also a link to 'Settings' and a button to Hide the pop-up box, but no disconnect option.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks, Simon

Guest jwexqm
Hold down the red 'hangup' button when on the today screen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

superb, I've always wanted to know how to do this. I have no idea why there's no option to do it if you click on the 'GPRS attached' symbol.

This back-door trick reminds me of the other useful one I learned here too...

If you don't want to answer a call and don't want it immediately diverting to voicemail and want to silence the handset then you just push the volume slider on the side down once. Again, nowhere does it give you a GUI option of doing the same thing.

James

Guest Xenzo1990

However if you look on the www.xda-developer.com FTP server, you will be able to download the Orange GPRS Disconnect .cab which adds a disconnect option to that little bubble you see when you click the arrows. ;)