PUSH EMAIL WITH THE NEW ROM ?how to get it worki

Guest mistervybe

Guest mistervybe

Hi guys...

so i loaded the new rom.

do i need to download something on my computer into my outlook or something to make it real time push?

i configured everything through activesync but im not getting push email i still have to sync manually.

it shows in the connection screen on my smartphone that push is on...but is it really??

i am trying to connect push with the imate outlook webmail.

i cant figure it out so far...can anyone give me any advice?

ALSO in the activesync "schedule settings" i do not have the option to syncronize when new items arrive, i only have 5 minute intervals (i see that option in this tutorial http://msmobiles.com/news.php/4899.html)

HELP! i want to get this working....

Edited by mistervybe

Guest ht2k051

quick update on this....i managed to get it synced with my work email. ,but i am behind a firewall is it possible to push my work email to the phone if my outlook is behind a corporate firewall and not available on the regular internet? i dont see how push email would work in this scenario......

Hi guys...

so i loaded the new rom.

do i need to download something on my computer into my outlook or something to make it real time push?

i configured everything through activesync but im not getting push email i still have to sync manually.

it shows in the connection screen on my smartphone that push is on...but is it really??

i am trying to connect  push with the imate outlook webmail.

i cant figure it out so far...can anyone give me any advice?

ALSO in the activesync "schedule settings" i do not have the option to syncronize when new items arrive, i only have 5 minute intervals (i see that option in this tutorial http://msmobiles.com/news.php/4899.html)

HELP! i want to get this working....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest kkrull

I had a prerelease version of the firmware and it seems like I got asked for some setting so that the server would know where my phone was. Has anyone seen this?

Also can you use push going through OWA? Like if you give your phone the mail address of mail.yourcompany.com\exchange or whatever your webmail address is on the internet. Can exchange push out through that?

Edited by kkrull