Setting up my C500 for T-Mobile

Guest Honest John

Guest Honest John

I have moved from Orange after 6 years to T-Mobile as they currently have the best offers on and Orange seem not to care. I am now using a Vario as my main phone, but want to use my C500 as a back up.

I have unlocked the C500 (network and apps) and it works as a phone with no problems. However, I am a little stuck on how to get it working on T-Mobile's GPRS so that I can run active sync and get my email over the air. It doesn't help that I haven't actually got the phone in front of me at the moment, but from memory, the choices that are available for WAP and GPRS settings seem to be pre-set choices set up by Orange and, of course, I want to use T-Mobile's.

So, if any of you guys out there have swapped from Orange to T-Mobile with a C500 and actually configured the WAP/GPRS- and got it working - I would be most grateful if you could step me through what settings you used etc.

Many thanks.

Guest Honest John

Sorry for being ultra cautious on this, but just so I don't cock things up,

when I go to , I am presented with a number of options

Internet connections

Work Connection

Wap Connections

Secure Wap Connections.

Under <Wap Connection>, my C500 was set to (Don't know why as everything seemed to work.) Should that actually be set to ?

And, effectively, what I appear to be doing is leaving the services still called etc, but simply redirecting them to the T-Mobile access points.

Lastly - and please forgive me being pedantic - but when the helpful links you gave indicate that the T-Mobile Phone Number is 447973100500, did you enter that exactly as quoted or should there be a "+" sign or "00" in front?

Many thanks again.

Guest lescargot

In the data connections menu I have everything set as automatic (that way you can connect by USB or Bluetooth or GPRS). From here you press the menu button-edit connections-gprs connections. I just deleted the orange ones and created new t-mobile ones (although i think you could have both).

Under T-mob, dial up connection phone number i used 44...... (as stated).

Good luck

Iain