T-Mobile Unlimited GPRS - IT'S OFFICIAL!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Swampie
Trying as we speak but it does not appear to be a bundle,its an new tariff web and walk with flext and as such you are changing tariff, at least that is what they are saying.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is eactly why I would be wary trying out new services as soon as they come out. With the number of confusing replies from CS people this week (before it was realeased) I never expected CS to get it right on the morning of launch. I'd have given it a week or so to get it ironed out.

The unlimited internet is, as I understand it, is a bundle AND a tariff. If you add it as a bundle then you get no discount on the price. If you switch to the tariff version then any discount is applied to everything, although you cannot remove the unlimited internet option without switching tariffs.

Sounds like they've only been told of the tariff option, or they're not aware of the bundle.

I take you're not switching until this gets sorted, rather than trying to reclaim you discount.

Guest webcash

Wel i called again and the girl spent ages trying to find it as a bundle with no joy.She then tried to change price plan which i cant do within the first 30 days lol.She did however make a note on my account that when it goes through i still should be entitled to the discount.Apparently when they try to change it they get an error which they assume is down to the discount

Peter

Guest nickynoodles

Well, I just swapped my call plan over to the Flext 25 with 'unlimited' Web n Walk, from my old Web n Walk account. They wouldn't give me the 25% discount, saying that was only for new customers buying direct :roll: Anybody else managed to change plans and get the 25% off (doing it over the phone, the site let me)?

The guy I spoke to see pretty sure that you can't add the 'web n walk' unlimited bundle to an existing 'web n walk' account, but I think he was mistaken. He also stated that there is no fair use policy on the new unlimited plan, which I'm sure isn't the case.

Still, £32.50 for £60 call allowance (more than covers my needs) and unlimited data ... that's what I was dreaming about only a couple of months ago. ;)

I'm pretty sure you can have half price on Business, you'll need to get a new registration code from the person who gave it to you though.

Hmm employee call was disconitnued some time ago and replaced with a 'current employee only' plan as far as i know. Can you confirm that its still there (it should be on your intranet), then i can email some of my friends at T-mobile and get this sorted!

The person who got me the employee call have left now for higher paid jobs ;) but i still know alot of people there.

Guest cfsnatch
CFS did you do that yourself or by calling customer serrvies

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Went through customer services...no renewal of contract or anything (I'm out of my contract)

Guest Syphon Filter
kam: I guess you are right, but what I meant was at least, theinformation is free to you if you ask. It may not be printed directly on the advertisment but it is there! ;) I'm pretty sure you can have half price on Business, you'll need to get a new registration code from the person who gave it to you though.

Syphon: If you get the plans with the bundle integrated you get the discount, but you would not be able to remove the bundle from the plan for 6 months, due to no downward price plan migration policy. If you take the plan without WNW, and add the bundle, you can remove it at any time. Spoke to the handset manager today and was told he had not received any communication with regard to the Vario II's as of yet. He said he would ask some questions though! Found out the P990 is due Q3 also, if that is of interest to anyone.

toon9: They don't disappear automatically, that's why some people get emails advising of stock shortages. Handset deliveries come in all the time, and upgrades get priority - that's why you won't see them showing up on the website when they do arrive unless there are loads of them.

Page: I see the salesperson managed to convice you again! :( The website does not mention a 2gb cap anywhere, you just let her tell you what you wanted to hear and she got her sale! Not that it is a bad thing, you got a great deal. ;) Also, you'll keep the discount, yes, but you will not be able to move below your starting plan cost for at least six months, whataver the superviser told you.

quartershade & adudley: You can both convert to unlimited for £7.50 a month.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mate you are a legend....

Going to get my PAC number and hit up T-Mobile for WnW Flext 35 asap.

Nice 6 years with orange, but the last 12months have been painful.

Guest webcash

So that means CF that you were not getting the 25 perecent discount anyways which might add credence to their argument that it is the loss of discount

;)

Guest andrewilley

I've just switched from my Flext30 plan to Flext25+WnW (I was nowhere even near using up the Flext30 allowances!). I had only upgraded to a Vario with the Flext30 priceplan at 25% discount two weeks ago, so as they can only apply changes once a month they've set the new plan to kick in on the 16th. In the meantime (so I can play with my new toy ;) ) they've added one of the bolt-on £7.50 WnW options to my current plan, and set it to expire (and rebate the unused allowance period) on the 16th.

I've still kept my 25% discount on the whole new Flext+WnW package, but I don't know whether that's general policy or not. I had spoken to Customer Services a week or so ago (still within my 7-day cooling off period on the new 18-month contract) and got them to confirm that I would be allowed to switch up or down to any other Flext and/or Flext+Data plan "for life" and still keep my discount. I also asked them to add a note to my account on their computer to that effect too - just in case when I happen to call back in a year's time someone else says it's not possible.

So I'm now a very happy bunny - thank you T-Mobile, excellent service!

Andre

Guest andrewilley
Wel i called again and the girl spent ages trying to find it as a bundle with no joy.

Peter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it took my Customer Services rep a long time to find the £7.50 unlimited internet bundle, all she could see at first were the various existing Mb-based options. She finally found it under "Web-and-Walk" on her screen.

Andre

Guest Twain

Right i've just added the web'n'walk bundle using the self service website, and its now showing up in my additional services and allowances. When you click on settings it has

Service Status Change Status Options

Picture Messaging Off None

3G (UMTS) Service Off None

Web and Wap browse Off None

Does anyones differ, if not is this simply a case of giving t-mobile the time to properly activate it on my account?

Excuse the poor layout it doesnt follow what i put when typing it basically says all off and no option for status change.

Edited by Twain

Guest webcash
Right i've just added the web'n'walk bundle using the self service website, and its now showing up in my additional services and allowances. When you click on settings it has

Service                  Status  Change Status  Options 

Picture Messaging      Off                          None 

3G (UMTS) Service    Off                                None 

Web and Wap browse      Off                              None

Does anyones differ, if not is this simply a case of giving t-mobile the time to properly activate it on my account?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Twain what tariff were you on prior to adding this and where di you find it because i bloody well cant

;)

Guest Twain
Twain what tariff were you on prior to adding this and where di you find it because i bloody well cant

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

flext 35, in my t-mobile click on manage account > click on your phone number > add more services and allowances> individual services > web'n'walk

should be around £6.30 or something as it exc vat

Edited by Twain

Guest webcash

Twain,I have two numbers one on web and walk the other on Flext.The option is there for web and walk but not for the flext tariff which is what I want it on

Peter

Guest Dr Who

Looks like this has been popular for new users- there are only 5 'phones' available on these tariffs this morning, and only the N70 is not PDA sized! Wish they would get some decent phones on there so I can jump from Orange or force them to price match it.

Guest Twain
Twain,I have two numbers one on web and walk the other on Flext.The option is there for web and walk but not for the flext tariff which is what I want it on

Peter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure you haven't already applied it as now when i look the option isnt there as i've already activated it

Guest Confucious
Looks like this has been popular for new users- there are only 5 'phones' available on these tariffs this morning, and only the N70 is not PDA sized! Wish they would get some decent phones on there so I can jump from Orange or force them to price match it.

There are only 5 phones if you order the Wb'n'Walk package but a lot more if you go for the Flext and then add the data for £7.50 - but you don't get 25% off the data if you do it this way.

Guest Dr Who

Ah yes, cheers Confuscious - my bad. Still, not one phone I actually want. Hope they come up with something more interesting before the 25% off for life deal expires.

Guest Fleabag

peter: You can add the bundle to any plan besides data. Call back, ask the CSA to look carefully near the bottom of the allowance list... It can be difficult to spot.

You can add to WNW tarrif I believe. You will also not lose 25% off if you add bundle or change WITHIN the Flext range. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong!

kam: It's definitely still running, I set a friend up a few days ago.

Edited by Fleabag

Guest shadamehr

Orange can beat these deals!

I just rang Orange to ask for a PAC code to take my other account to T-Mobile, and a charming young Swedish girl named Orlaif Pol (Swedish? I thought they were all based round the corner from me in Silverlink, Newcastle) astounded me...

According to O, they ALREADY have a plan even better than the T-Mobile offering, that gives 750 anytime any net minutes, 500 free SMS, and 150 free MMS, free voicemail, and reduced International Roaming, and can have what they call "Data User Monthly Bundle" added.

The basic tariff is one of their new Animal Tariffs, but not previously advertised, called the "Donkey" tariff.

Together with this "Data User Monthly Bundle" add on, it costs a mere £24.50 per month, and is only a 12 month contract tariff!

Excellent news - if only Orange advertised this better!

Guest Syphon Filter
Orange can beat these deals!

I just rang Orange to ask for a PAC code to take my other account to T-Mobile, and a charming young Swedish girl named Orlaif Pol (Swedish? I thought they were all based round the corner from me in Silverlink, Newcastle) astounded me...

According to O, they ALREADY have a plan even better than the T-Mobile offering, that gives 750 anytime any net minutes, 500 free SMS, and 150 free MMS, free voicemail, and reduced International Roaming, and can have what they call "Data User Monthly Bundle" added.

The basic tariff is one of their new Animal Tariffs, but not previously advertised, called the "Donkey" tariff.

Together with this "Data User Monthly Bundle" add on, it costs a mere £24.50 per month, and is only a 12 month contract tariff!

Excellent news - if only Orange advertised this better!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If only I had seen this about 90minutes ago...

I just got my MDA Vario with Co-Pilot for £49.99 on WnW Flext 35...and used my PAC code to get my Orange account transferred across.

Effin Lame...

Ok i've switched.. Flext 35 + WnW = 42.50 the 50% discount £21.25

Can't get much better than that!

Feabag: i'll get on to my friends on monday and see if i can get it switched over. They don't seem to care about your current contract term if you get onto employee call - wierd last time i got a new phone even tho i had only had a new one on my existing contract 2 months earlier!

Guest Syphon Filter
Ok i've switched..  Flext 35 + WnW = 42.50 the 50% discount £21.25

Can't get much better than that! 

Feabag: i'll get on to my friends on monday and see if i can get it switched over.  They don't seem to care about your current contract term if you get onto employee call - wierd last time i got a new phone even tho i had only had a new one on my existing contract 2 months earlier!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How did you get a 50% discount? T-Mobile employee perks?

And big fat hairy balls...if only the orange CS guy had told me about the new orange tariff when I called to get my PAC code!!!

Guess I'm stuck with the T-Mobile package now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.