T-Mobile Unlimited GPRS - IT'S OFFICIAL!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Confucious
The other network's unlimited, if I recall correctly, has a fair use of 1Gb.

Clive

So does T-Mobs The 40Mb was a mistake this has been pointed out in this thread many times....

Guest travisb

well T-Mob must be busy, I placed an order for the Vario on a Flext plan on Friday, and have not heard a squeek since. Sent 2 chasing e-mails with no reply, so I guess its a phone call next.

Guest battletank
And i'm on holiday for the 1st, doh!

I'll miss all the fun, and we won't have the annual MoDaCo April Fools joke this year, bah! ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Surely you of all people are aware that you can now use mobile telephony products to access this inter-web-thing, even whilst on holiday? Technology is amazing!

Guest Fleabag

The fair use policy (subject to change, can be confirmed by calling CS).

The Web N Walk option, Relax + Web N Walk and Flext + Web N Walk price plans provide unlimited internet surfing on mobile handsets in the UK. To ensure a high quality of service for all our customers, they are not to be used for other activities such as (but not limited to): modem access for computers, internet based video/audio streaming services, peer to peer file sharing, internet based video download and internet based telephony. If such use is detected notice may be given after which network protection controls may be applied which will result in a reduced speed of transmission.

Guest Pagemakers

"they are not to be used for other activities such as (but not limited to): modem access for computers"

So what's the point?

I'm not going to be using my phone to browse all day. I want to be able to use my laptop, connected to my phone with 3G and according to the T's & C's I can't do this.

Guest Confucious
I'm not going to be using my phone to browse all day.  I want to be able to use my laptop, connected to my phone with 3G and according to the T's & C's I can't do this.

Then this plan is not for you.

It is, on the other hand, for people like me who do use there devices to brows the web and email etc.

Guest shadamehr
A little update, it seems the new WNW are both bundles and plans. You can apparantly add the £7.50 bundle to any price plan. This means existing WNW users should be able to add it, meaning you can retain any discounts you have. There does also, contrary to what I posted previously, seem to be no bandwidth limit provided you keep within the fair use limit. CS won't let you add the bundle until April 1st but I too am able to select it via My T-Mobile... I have not tried yet though as I don't need anything beyond my staff allowance. What this means though, provided the line rental offer runs into April, you'll be able to get 25% off the data too as long as you are on one pf the new WNW plans and not just adding the bundle.

The 6280 was launched March 27th too. Still no WM devices scheduled.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EXCELLENT NEWS - I can even see it online, and get it for just £49.99 on a 12 month £15 Relax plan.

EXCEPT... The phone is to be used on my existing O2 work tariff too, as well as the T-Mobile one with data plan added for 3G etc...

And T-Mobile SIM lock all their devices, BUT, the 6280 is so new, it can't yet be SIM Unlocked by third parties at cost...

Oh Damn...

So might HAVE to be the MDA Pro after all...

Guest Pagemakers
Then this plan is not for you.

It is, on the other hand, for people like me who do use there devices to brows the web and email etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not saying I will do it all the time. I will probably only use as much data as you do. It just seems crazy that they restrict the use like this. I'm still not convinced that they would know if I was connected through my laptop.

Guest steve_smith
I'm not saying I will do it all the time.  I will probably only use as much data as you do.  It just seems crazy that they restrict the use like this.  I'm still not convinced that they would know if I was connected through my laptop.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm pretty sure that when I've done this in the past (laptop to C500), the phone just establishes a regular GPRS connection to T-Mobile (or Orange as I was using then). Since this is what the browser/email client inside the phone does, like you say, I don't see how they can tell.

Steve.

Guest Pagemakers

I'm not going to take the pi** I just want to be able to have the option to connect to the net in say a hotel room for half an hour using my laptop and 3G phone.

Guest Pagemakers

My 'personal' opinion is if you are connecting via a laptop you could. If you were using an average amount of data there would not be a problem. If you abused the system however.......

Guest shadamehr
The fair use policy (subject to change, can be confirmed by calling CS).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

T&C's FUP:

The Web N Walk option, Relax + Web N Walk and Flext + Web N Walk price plans provide unlimited internet surfing on mobile handsets in the UK. To ensure a high quality of service for all our customers, they are not to be used for other activities such as (but not limited to): modem access for computers, internet based video/audio streaming services, peer to peer file sharing, internet based video download and internet based telephony. If such use is detected notice may be given after which network protection controls may be applied which will result in a reduced speed of transmission.

And therefore, if that IS the F.U.P. it doesn't mention anything about a 1GB fair use cap either mate though...?

Guest rizzles
well T-Mob must be busy, I placed an order for the Vario on a Flext plan on Friday, and have not heard a squeek since. Sent 2 chasing e-mails with no reply, so I guess its a phone call next.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I ordered one last tuesday and didnt hear anything so i rang them up today and they said they are out of stock and are expecting them back in this week!

Guest Confucious

Pagemaker - Like you say, I'm not sure they could tell if you don't take the Mick but if the rumours are true then they will be releasing another add on for laptop usage which is more what you are after and if, as has been sugested, it only costs £8.50 / month then I'll probably go for that option myself but in the mean time the £7.50 option is a fantastic deal for me.

Guest Pagemakers

Now I'm happy.

Well Orange - 10 years down the pan. I hope you're gonna miss my £200+ month bills and hundreds of others like me. Month on month my bills get more expensive even thought I am using less minutes.... the coverage is patchy to say the lease and your roaming charges are nothing short of scandalous.

Hello T-Mobile.

Guest shenson

I haven't had a reply yet on whether I can mention the details I've received about this. However several of the things I've been told now agree with that.

Specifically...

It is a bundle that can be added to any tariff.

The wording mentioned in the T&Cs. In particular mentioning there is no monthly usage limit just the usage restrictions (modems, P2P etc).

That breaking the T&Cs will result in warnings and reduction in transmission speed.

I just ordered a £7.50 a month SIM only deal, I'll see if I can add it to that.

Presumably the comments about transmission speed reduction also means bandwidth reductions not just transmission speed.

Guest inspectorgadjet

Now if only there was a way to make them give the 25% discount to us existing customers...bah!!! I changed my two other phones over to T-mobile from Orange in December and got the half price deal on Web'n'Walk and definitely will go over to a Flext + Web'n'Walk plan next month. It's always the newbies who get the good stuff!!!

I am also not too perturbed by the FU policy as I will mostly be using the data for push email from my exchange server. Except that I would like to be able to use my laptop every now and then if I want to. I don't see any reason for p2p or VOIP over GPRS anyway. It's very slightly annoying about the streaming though as it might be nice to be able to stream some music or video occasionally too. I don't do it now cos it would cost a fortune, so I guess I will just have to stick to not bothering with it from my mobile.

Guest shenson
How do you order a sim only deal?

Click on Shop->Special offers then a box on the left will say "SIM only". It is £7.50 a month for 50 cross network anytime minutes. Not that I'll use many of those. It can also can be cancelled at any time with 30 days notice.

I actually ordered it yesterday, thinking it was worth a try. There were a few problems when I tried to check out saying it couldn't find the script. After a few attempts it let me order it and I've now received confirmation.

My thinking is that I'll use this for a few months with w&w bundle (the "pro" version if it exists) with my existing 2G handset for now. If a suitable 3G handset on contract becomes available I'll cancel and go for that. Alternatively I'll be on the lookout for a cheap unlocked or easily unlockable one.

Guest Syphon Filter

Fleabag...

How long before release of a device do you know about it as a T-Mobile rententions employee?

You say there are no WM devices showing, just wondering what timescales are for you guys between hearing about a device and it coming out...

I might get a Vario this weekend if you say that you'd know about a device a few months in advance. If there's nothing on the horizon the Vario would do me for now.

Guest rizzles
Just had a confirmation e-mail that T-Mob have no Varios at present.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just had an email saying i would be recieving mine tomorrow before 1pm... saying that i did order mine last tuesday though!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.