ActiveSync

Guest davejphartley

Guest davejphartley

hi All

Just been on Hols. But I remmeber seeing a fix to allow WiFi Synchronisation for the Vario WM5. Now I cant for the life of me find it. Anyone know how this is done. I know is was something the do with opening up network connections from Win XP.

Thanks

Dave

Guest ultimate_fish

As it says in that thread, the problem is that Microsoft removed the network sync options from the latest version of activesync and from WM5.

You can do it on WM2003, in conjunction with activesync 3.8

Otherwise, it's no go.

Guest andrewilley

How about accessing a PC's shared directories under Wi-Fi, can that be done? It'd be nice to be able to grab the odd file (e.g. music) off my PC without going back upstairs and connecting it up via USB.

Andre

Guest Webreaper

That can be done. Not sure if it works natively (it's a right PITA that WMP doesn't support it, as that would be perfect) but I use Resco Explorer and can copy stuff to/from the device using standard \\computername\d$ shares.

Guest andrewilley
That can be done. Not sure if it works natively (it's a right PITA that WMP doesn't support it, as that would be perfect) but I use Resco Explorer and can copy stuff to/from the device using standard \\computername\d$ shares.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, I'd just done some more searching myself and found the \\computername\ trick for File Explorer (which initially only worked via USB connection, but when I reset my Windows XP Firewall it worked via Wi-Fi too).

WMP does allow this trick too by the way - if you go into the Library (it was Professor Plum with the ... sorry, wrong Library!) and use the "Open URL..." menu option, you can open a file on a shared drive using the same network path details. Not sure how to browse through it yet though, but at least the player can play from the PC's HD. Tapping in File Explorer doesn't seem to launch a network file automatically, either.

Andre

Guest Webreaper
if you go into the Library (it was Professor Plum with the ... sorry, wrong Library!) and use the "Open URL..." menu option, you can open a file on a shared drive using the same network path details.

Problem is that that only works for one file. I'd want to be able to select a folder or multiple-select a bunch of tracks to play....

I've tried using Mortplayer which looks very promising, but although it displays network shares I think I have it configured wrong as I never actually get any tracks to play, even though I go to \\mycomputer\music (which is a share with a tree containing 25,000 MP3s ;)).

Guest andrewilley
Problem is that that only works for one file. I'd want to be able to select a folder or multiple-select a bunch of tracks to play....

I've tried using Mortplayer which looks very promising, but although it displays network shares I think I have it configured wrong as I never actually get any tracks to play, even though I go to \\mycomputer\music (which is a share with a tree containing 25,000 MP3s ;)).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been trying PocketMusic (basic version is free from www.pocketmind.com, but I might get the full one as I think I'll be using it quite a bit) and it's a great little music player, lovely interface, lots of nice little touches - and I've just spotted after reading the docs (doohhh!) that it has an option to Map Network Drive within its playlist creator/browser. Not tried it yet, but if it does what it says on the tin...

Andre