WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest REDZMAN

So any comments from Ingvarr about my testing above? Anything I should do or try?

Any way to fix this?

Anything at all?

I mean it's usable, but it freezes the phone every time you remove the cable after you disable it.

Just wanted to add my thanks for a great application that should have been included in WM5. Working great on my PPC6700!

One feature suggestion would be to have 'test' buttons for the LEDs/Vibrating options so that you can easily figure out what #1 will do, #2, etc. without having to configure them and do a file transfer to find out, especially since you have to deactivate and re-activate WM5torage following each settings change.

Guest Xiance78

Hmm.. This is the kind of utility that am looking for quite sometimes. Anyway, it 'freeze' my Pocket PC (HP rw6828) and forced me to reset it. But, am still able to access my MiniSD card after activating it. Any solution about this? Anyone who have similar issues, especially those using HP rw6800 series?

Guest Xiance78

Hmm.. This is the kind of utility that am looking for quite sometimes. Anyway, it 'freeze' my Pocket PC (HP rw6828) and forced me to reset it. But, am still able to access my MiniSD card after activating it. Any solution about this? Anyone who have similar issues, especially those using HP rw6800 series?

Guest ksar298

Dear all,

i have istalled WM5torage on my Pocket PC Windows 2005 , iDo Tin from FTC with FreeScale Processor 350Mhz ( =500Mhz intel).

i installed v. 1.43 & v. 1.73 and both give error :

Can't Find UFN MDD Controller

FYA

Regards,

Guest Ingvarr

From the front page:

This just means what it means - some devices have problems with it, and on some WM5torage won't work at all

It was never was stated that it will work on any WM5 device...

Guest J0Sb31R

First of all I'd like to say what a wonderful app you created!

I'm having a very annoying problem with my HTC s620 smartphone, the program works like a charm, i can connect and copy files to my storage card but when i deactivate the program the GUI freezes and in need to pull out the battery to get it working again.

I'm having no programs whatsoever installed on my storage card.

It's actually the exact same problem as REDZMAN describes a few posts up... Hope this get fixed soon, I'm a Linux user and I'm using vmware to access my phone (or with slow bluetooth)

Thanks in advance

Edited by J0Sb31R

Guest Morninglight

it worked on my old device but now I have a HTC TYTN... and it doesn't work :)

Device cannot start code 10 shows in the device manager...

Are you still updating the program?

Edited by Morninglight

Nevermind, I found it. I'm trying it now.

Okay, I tried it, and it still doesn't recognize it, askes me to format the disk when I go to it manually, then freezes the phone.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem, also on a T-mobile Dash (excaliber, HTC s620, whatever you want to call the hardware). This is ever so annoying, since this great little app made my Tornado phone so much more useful!

Now I can hardly get it to work without locking up my phone.

Any luck sorting out this problem?

Guest sophantim
Looks like it doesnt work on my Samsung I320N :)

I320 and I320n Should have (Mass Storage) bult in it. So you dont have to use this program.

P.S i Have Samsung I320 now and Also this program (WM5torage) work great on my Old sp5m....Thank

Guest thewill

Hi there.

First of all, thks to Ingvarr for his great software I used successfully on my Qtek S200 (HTC Prophet).

I now have a HTC Trinity with a 2Go SD card, and Wm5torage 1.73 doesn't seem to work on it ;)(((

I tried all tips used on HTC Tytn, buy still obtain a "1f" error, with all apps closed and even after a reboot.

Any ideas ?????

Thanks in advance !

W.

Guest neptunus
Of course it can.

For example, ETENs originally had WM5torage working just fine.

Then ETEN issues a ROM update, among other things - "improved USB connection stability". And surprise, WM5torage totally stops working (but hey, ActiveSync is more stable ;) ).

So remedy was to extract the USB driver from "old" ROM (got a lot of effort) and copy it to new one.

Hi Ingvarr,

I have tried the WM5torage on a HTC P3300 PDA and it had worked fine so thanks a lot!

I have got a new ETEN M700. I have upgraded to the newest ROM 352.

I have unlocked the phone.

When I try to use the program and I have attached to PDA to PC

it haven't worked: "Device cannot start code 10 shows in the device manager"

I have tried it on other computer and the result is the same.

Help me please! How can I solve the problem, how can I got the USB driver from "old" ROM?

It is quite important for me!

I'm waiting your answer, my email: leveleskukaatfreemaildotchu or in this page.

Thank you very much!

Peter

PDA: ETEN M700

Windows Mobile 5

ROM 352

PC OS: Windows XP SP2

Guest neptunus

Thanks for all!

I'v solved the problem and it wasn't too difficult:

For the record, v.1.73 works on my ETEN M700 I had to do the following:

Goto Settings>Connections>USB to PC & uncheck the option for advanced networking.

And it's seems great now!

Guest crazyut

I get the same error on the Cingular 8525 with the HTC ROM 2.05 (I have tried 1.32/1.53/1.73) so far. I think this is the coolest app though.

Thanks.

it worked on my old device but now I have a HTC TYTN... and it doesn't work ;)

Device cannot start code 10 shows in the device manager...

Are you still updating the program?

Guest Ingvarr

Sorry, I can not make it reliably work on all devices, notably on latest HTC 3Gs that use Samsung chipset (TyTN and such).

First, I dont have these devices to test.

Second, it anyway mostly dependend on parts of firmware that non-conforming to MS drivers specifications - and that I can not fix, its in the domain of device maker.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest nzoffel

Any chance on the USB 2.0 or help with osX compatability for mac users. My office is all mac'ed out and they gave us WM5 devices. I have the program on my cingular 8125, but when activated it won't mount onto the desktop. This app is very cool and would love to use it.

Guest leeosenton

Thanks, Ingvarr! Your app works fine on my Motorola Q and allows me to finally connect to my Linux laptop for syncing music. Great Job and thanks again! ;)

Guest Zeddicuz

Just wanted to report that it works great on the O2 XDA EXEC with WM5. Just make sure the PPC is connectionless (USB unplugged, wifi/bluetooth off, etc) before activating. I had activesync on, unpluged, killed activesync on the O2, activated wm5torage, replugged USB, worked fine. Unplugged USB, deactivated wm5torage, replugged, activesync was back np.

Great job!

ZZZ

Edited by Zeddicuz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest j8888h

Actually, WM5torage works much more perfect under WM6 ROM.

Before I upgrade to WM6, I always get 1f error report. Mostly the report is due to tmail.exe (this was fixed by Ingvarr), sddaemon.exe, and WiFi. But it also conflicts with some unknow software. The only method dealing with 1f error is reset the device. However, after I upgrade to WM6, I have no more 1f error report at all. The device can be easily switched to USB storage at any time or with any software running. So Ingvarr might need to think about the name of this wanderful software "WM6torage" :-P

A bug I meet with the software under version 1.73 (I didn't test for other versions) is when copy a batch of files with various size (such as above 10 files with size from 30 Kb to 20 Mb or larger) from PC to the WM5torage USB storage (1 Gb miniSD card), the files sometimes cannot be copied successfully. The PC windows report that the cache writing faults and the system received a I/O error. It seems that sometimes the USB storage has slow response on the writing to the miniSD card form the disk cache. Hope Ingvarr can fix this bug in the next version.

Bug test enviroment:

Mobile: T-mobile MDA (Wizard OMAP850-195MHz)

ROM date: 8/11/06

Radio: 02.61.11

Protocol: 4.1.13.28

PC: AcerSystem (Intel® Petium® processor 1000MHz)

RAM: 760MB

USB: 2.0

Guest jazzymc

Hi all,

First I'd like to thanks for this great software it work perfectly on my tornado and me prophet, but now I have an Excalibur (HTC S620) which have some problems with wm5torage it starts and works well but when I try to Deactivate or Activate it the phone crash and need to be restarted. Any Idea why?

As I know Excalibur i basically a Tornado platform, also i know that it has a different kind of memory and probably this is the problem but if there is a solution i'll appreciate any help , because I love this little program.

Best regards.

Jazzy

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.