WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest trimy
Windows Mobile 5 is required. Sorry, but I cant possibly make it work on WM 2003, as only WM5 allows USB protocol implementation separate from USB hardware driver - on WM 2003 Ill have to rewrite whole USB hardware drivers, and of course its not feasible.

It's quite sad to hear this message. It's means I must wait for the WM5 rom for c550.

Guest mannymanny
Create the following registry key, restart the phone, and it will work:

to "HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies" add new value "0000101b": dword = 1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, that fixed it. Now I have another problem though; my computer Mac + Os X doesn't mount the phone on the desktop. When I look at the system profile it does see a USB window mobile device. Anybody got it working on a Mac?

Guest Ingvarr
This does not work for those who store their Messaging/Attachments/PIE Cache on their storage card. Once it dismounts the storage card, WM5 creates a folder named 'Storage Card' on the internal storage and when you remount the real storage card, it gets mounted as "Storage Card2"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The same thing will happen if you will start such configured IE with card removed.

Just dont launch IE while Mass Storage activated/card absent, and it will be perfectly fine.

I store IE cache on card and never noticed a prob ;)

Currently I'm using version 1.21, if I try to activate WM5torage when Activesync has already been launched (i.e. the first time you sync the PPC with PC via USB cable) the software pops "Cant switch to Mass Storage USB driver, error 1f" (same msg of previous version). To recover from this situation the only solution is to soft reset the PPC.
Instead of soft reset, try just to kill the ActiveSync process (via "Starts | Settings | System | Memory | Running Programs"). Tell me, will it help?

Now I have another problem though; my computer Mac + Os X doesn't mount the phone on the desktop. When I look at the system profile it does see a USB window mobile device. Anybody got it working on a Mac?

Maybe Mac works with USB mass storage in somewhat different way... I had to break some specs there to make working with Windows XP specifically and to defuse some "anomalies"(bugs?) in 8300 usb driver.

Don't suppose it's possible to alter the program to export the main file system? As I currently don't have any easy way to access these files from linux.

This will be a lot harder... Because flash disk is exported on the USB by per-sector basis - so when card have FAT/FAT32, Windows will perfectly see it, you can re-format it, etc. All I have to do is pass to/from the host the sectors it will request, nothing else.

But built-in file system is other thing. I dont even think its a true "disk", its partly in the rom, etc. The only reliable way is to export it is via Network Share-like way, and there is no such protocol on USB bus.

Edited by Ingvarr

Instead of soft reset, try just to kill the ActiveSync process (via "Starts | Settings | System | Memory | Running Programs"). Tell me, will it help?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Already tried yesterday (I forgot to mention) but unfortunately it doesn't help. It seems that the first time Activesync runs something happens that prevents WM5torage to properly activate.

When I deactivate WM5torage it releases all the resources properly (of course) and I'm able again to use Activesync, but if I want to use again WM5torage I have to soft reset the PPC. Until now I didn't find any shortcut to avoid the soft reset ;)

Marco.

Guest yian-yian

It works on my QTEK 8300, however, it is not shown in 'My Computer' on my PC (Windows Millenium). Looks like Windows Me is not proposing the appropriate driver. Do you know if it would be possible to hv a driver (and which driver) for installing the proper connexion on the PC side ?

Thxs for your help.

Guest Golgot

with nice prog!

work perfectly on my 8310 with linux an even with my car cd player (usb compatible)!!!

for the Storage Card2 problem, it only append if you store emails and/or ie cache on the SD card.

If you have a Storage Card2 that appear, just rename Storage Card in Storage Card3, reboot the smartphone, then delete Storage Card3...

thanks

Guest leethacker

What I noticed is that the Mass Storage is accessed via Windows like a Hard disk and not like a USB stick. I think its pretty bad, cause this way Windows will create Thumbs.db's on the storage card, and when you delete files it will not really delete them, but put it in a folder called "Recycled" on the Storage card.

I hope you can rewrite the program in such way that the phone is recognized like a "Removable Device" aka USB Stick or at least give us this Option in the program, cause I really hate deleting the thumbs.db and Recycled stuff after I have worked with it.

But that's the only issue I discovered. Apart from this this little program is perfect. :-)

Guest ninjaw
What I noticed is that the Mass Storage is accessed via Windows like a Hard disk and not like a USB stick. I think its pretty bad, cause this way Windows will create Thumbs.db's on the storage card, and when you delete files it will not really delete them, but put it in a folder called "Recycled" on the Storage card.

I hope you can rewrite the program in such way that the phone is recognized like a "Removable Device" aka USB Stick or at least give us this Option in the program, cause I really hate deleting the thumbs.db and Recycled stuff after I have worked with it.

But that's the only issue I discovered. Apart from this this little program is perfect. :-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very good point !

Anyway I got C600 and there is no way using any card storage on IE or email, right ???

Finally: I'm amazed i can switch activate / desactivate and windows is following

Guest abe505

I installed on my ETEN M600 and it works, but I think it still got bug that is you have to keep your m600 on. When your m600 turn off and then you turn it on again it won't work untill you soft reset the m600. It worth to try though and hope it'll be bugs free soon ;)

Guest teamfive
Maybe Mac works with USB mass storage in somewhat different way... I had to break some specs there to make working with Windows XP specifically and to defuse some "anomalies"(bugs?) in 8300 usb driver.

Under OS X (10.4.5) it shows up as :

Windows Mobile Device:

Version: 0.00

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Microsoft

Product ID: 0xffff

Vendor ID: 0x045e

Apple: Introduction to Mass Storage Device Driver Programming Guide

Anyone in for developing a OS X MSD driver that support WM5Storage?

Guest catpunt

Works great on my T-Mobile SDA USA, no rebooting required. Activating/deactivating through WM5torage seamlessly switches between mass storage device and ActiveSync.

Kudos!

EDIT: Should mention I've already performed the application unlock.

Edited by catpunt

Guest lucid8

re: OS X

It doesn't work on my Mac either. Although, it did work with an older version of this:

http://www.softick.com/pocket-pc/cardexport2/

Now, with the latest version, I get the same errors in my log as I do with this app:

Mar 28 14:29:13 kernel[0]: USBF: 682847.217 AppleUSBOHCI[0x2512000]::CreateGeneralTransfer - trying to queue to a stalled pipe

Mar 28 14:29:13 kernel[0]: USBF: 682847.217 AppleUSBOHCI[0x2512000]::DoIOTransfer - error 0xe000404f queueing request

Mar 28 14:29:24 kernel[0]: USBF: 682857.777 AppleUSBOHCI[0x2512000]::Found a transaction past the completion deadline on bus 11, timing out!

There's some info available via google if you search for the errors, here's an example:

http://lists.apple.com/archives/usb/2003/Oct/msg00006.html

Guest v4victory

;)

nicely done mate that was one important thing for me looking forward to send you some money for your gr8 work ;)

Edited by v4victory

Guest Ingvarr

Ok, I've imposed the power requirements on device USB controller and Flash Memory card to prevent transfers from going down when device is suspended (like PPC terminating transfers when idling to suspend).

Tell me if it helps.

also, added the "removable" flags.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest bnycastro

D/L and installed v1.3 on my dopod838 wm5 with Qtek test rom, did the soft reset and tried to activate with no luck. I got "Cant Switch to Mass Storage USB driver, error 1f" also after the soft reset I got 3 messages [full of weird symbols from the network???]-- am not sure if the later is related to wm5 storage but this is the 1st time I saw this.

Guest rrunner
Tell me if it helps.

also, added the "removable" flags.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ingvarr, please help Typhon and Feeler owners, as it seems that this is the only one platform incompatible with your perfect software.

IMHO it is something wrong in interaction between your software and storage card driver (not an USB, as it was suggested by ARC on qtek-mobile.ru/forum) because in device manager we can see USB Mass storage device under Universal Serial Bus Controlers and USB Disk under Disk Drives, and only volume is not installed.With version 1.3 (if "removable class" is active) it is installing Generic volume also, but it is unridable.

Спасибо заранее,от армии тайфуноюзеров.

Edited by rrunner

Guest Ingvarr

I already wrote why support for Typhoon/feeler is problematic.

Like with MPX200, for them part of OS is stored on storage card. To make usb disk access properly work, storage card must be made unaccessible to smartphone (dismounted), but no way do it properly when part of OS is on it.

Thats why driver is "activated" and device is "detected", but no actual proper disk access is done later.

Make dismount work, and it will work. But I think you'll need to fix this "unofficial firmware" for that.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest rrunner
I already wrote why support for Typhoon/feeler is problematic.

Like with MPX200, for them part of OS is stored on storage card. To make usb disk access properly work, storage card must be made unaccessible to smartphone (dismounted), but no way do it properly when part of OS is on it.

Thats why driver is "activated" and device is "detected", but no actual proper disk access is done later.

Make dismount work, and it will work. But I think you'll need to fix this "unofficial firmware" for that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On MPX200 it is working fine in spite of the fact that More than half OS is located on Storage Card and For OS(not for driver of course) it is not visible as a Storage Card(it is merged dinamicaly with \Storage).Just it is hanging after deactivating WM5torage because part of OS is unavelable

On Typhons it is nothing OS depended on storage card.Moreover WM5toraje is unmounting and mounting Scard back without any errors or hangs from OS.

Please tell me if I can create any kind of log or if I can provide any additional information.Or point me what else can be the problem. IMHO its not a "USB" or "Dismount"

Edited by rrunner

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.