WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest Ingvarr
Tried that, but get the same message.

Enable the read-only mode.

Then try to bypass(ignore) the warning, and see if it will in fact mount the various devices you can choose.

The warning check is not foolproof, and may give false alarm sometimes.

Guest Wombleuk
Enable the read-only mode.

Then try to bypass(ignore) the warning, and see if it will in fact mount the various devices you can choose.

The warning check is not foolproof, and may give false alarm sometimes.

Ok, got error 57 - can't switch to mass storage USB driver. Most likely, the device was not fully application unlocked.

Now, I haven't had any problem installing any software at all on my device, so I can't believe that it is not unlocked.

How can I tell for sure ?

thanks,

Graham

Guest owel2316

I just installed this wonderfull app and working very well in my new O2 XDA Zinc WM6.

Very usefull. I can switch from AS to WM5torage and vice versa without any problem.

I can now make some use to my under utilized 2G miniSD... :(

thank you so much IGOR!!!

Guest guenter

Hi

I can't manage to get wm5torage to work properly. I now that I should disable advanced USB functions on the PDA under settings/connections, but my MIO P550 is not having anything like that. Is there another way to disable advanced usb functions? Maybe a registry key?

Günter

Guest guenter
Switch on the "Disable RNDIS on Activate" troubleshooting option.

Thank you. It almost worked. Now my Debian Etch sometimes even sees the USB device. But only sometimes, and it takes a very long time to do the simplest operations.

In the mean time, dmesg contains something like this:

sd 6:0:0:0: SCSI error: return code = 0x00070000

end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 832

usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 15

Günter

Guest guenter
Thats because on many PDAs USB driver never even tested with Linux. They test them only with ActiveSync and with Windows.

I see. The same PDA worked with Softick CardExport, but as I understand they are using their own USB divers.

But newer mind, i managed to export the SD card via Bluetooth by changing the defaultDestDir for obex to the storage card, and now I can access it from Linux and Windows, without the need to reset the PDA every 30 minutes of use with activesync.

Günter

It's not working in Windows Mobile 6, any setting that I should change in order to make it work ?

Kindly help as i really need this kind of program

THANKS A LOT in Advance

It's not working in Windows Mobile 6, any setting that I should change in order to make it work ?

Kindly help as i really need this kind of program

THANKS A LOT in Advance

Hmm. I have an HTC Shadow (Juno), and WM5torage works great for me with both WinXP and Mandriva Linux (ver 2007.1).

radioz

Switch on the "Disable RNDIS on Activate" troubleshooting option.

When do you switch "Disable RNDIS on Activate" on, before you activate or after you activate?

Also when i try to "Tick" this troubleshooting option it doesn't always show, sometimes it's also Greyed out??

Please explain......Thanks

Guest Ingvarr
When do you switch "Disable RNDIS on Activate" on, before you activate or after you activate?

Tick before you activate, and leave it that way. It will be greyed out if WM5torage is activated, as all other options.

Edited by Ingvarr

WM5torage application is really an amazing one. It works fine in my HTC touch (P3450).

I want to know whether can I use my HTC touch as USB-Host, i.e. can I connect USB driver to it and access the files.

Tick before you activate, and leave it that way. It will be greyed out if WM5torage is activated, as all other options.

OK, it's working now but when i de-activate and try to do a normal Active Sync.(AS) my Device freezes & i need to do a Soft Reset to get the AS working again,........do you have a solution for this or am i doing something wrong??

What is the Troubleshooting option "Disable Concurrency" do/mean??

Thanks for your help.

By the way i have a Dopod d-810 = Trinity with WM6.

Guest Ingvarr
I want to know whether can I use my HTC touch as USB-Host, i.e. can I connect USB driver to it and access the files.

Unfortunately this is not possible.

OK, it's working now but when i de-activate and try to do a normal Active Sync.(AS) my Device freezes & i need to do a Soft Reset to get the AS working again,........do you have a solution for this or am i doing something wrong??

What is the Troubleshooting option "Disable Concurrency" do/mean??

Its in the FAQ.

You may try not to use Disable RNDIS option and permanently/manually switch Advanced Network Functionality off, if the automatic switching causes problems on your device.

Guest Paul (MVP)

As we enter 2008, i'd like to extend the thanks of everyone here to Ingvarr for maintaining, updating and supporting this awesome application.

Kudos to you!

P

Guest skeldrath

Thanks.

I've not managed to get any previous versions to work on my HTC HERMES (T-Mob Vario2) WM5 or WM6 (which I have now)

Currently running black satin with Radio 1.43

last version i checked with was 1.74rc i've been trying since 1.4

I just installed 1.8 and it worked first time with no tweaking whatsoever requred

(save unchecking the advanced network functionality which i think is necessary)

Thanks once more for this great program,

now I don't have to fork out for a new usb drive :(

Edited by skeldrath

Guest VivaErBetis

Hello,

Currently I'm running version 1'8 in an HTC TyTN under Wm6 without problems.

I only got a question; I use the parameters "-a" and "-q" at startup in order to make sure that WM5torage is running all time. I use the option "Disable RNDIS on activate" too cause I prefer the "Enable Advanced Network Functionality" active with ActiveSync, but not active with WM5torage.

The automatic deactivation of the option "Enable Advanced Network Functionality" by Wm5torage works like a charm.

The problem is that If I deactivate manually WM5torage, the option "Enable Advanced Network Functionality" is reenabled automatically (correct) but, If I restart the machine while WM5torage is enabled, the next boot, WM5torage is called with the parameters "-a" and "-q" and the real status of "Enable Advanced Network Functionality" is really lost cause the program thinks that it's "disabled" cause it was marked as disabled by WM5torage last run, so I need to enable the option "Enable Advanced Network Functionality" manually when I deactivate WM5torage...

Please Ingvarr, is there any way to make the "normal" status of the option "Enable Advanced Network Functionality" fixed for WM5torage? Maybe a parameter?

Thnks and best regards.

Hi, i'm using wm5storage on a htc prophet together with Ubuntu Linux 7.10. When i activate wm5storage my system mounts the sd-card automatically

$ mount

/dev/sdb1 on /media/disk type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,shortname=mixed,uid=1000,utf8,umask=077,usefree)
Now i can do *ONE* file operation, e.g. creating a new file
$ touch /media/disk/test.txt

$ ls -al /media/disk/test.txt

-rwx------ 1 toff root 0 2008-01-12 21:12 /media/disk/test.txt
After this operation all write access is denied. E.g.
$ m -rf data/

rm: Delete of „data/0711.zip“ not possible: Read-only file system

But mount still says that the file system is mounted as "rw". I'm not the only one with this problem. I know other people using also wm5storage an Linux who report similar problems. Is this a Linux issue or is this a problem with my htc prophet?

Thanks

Christoph

//PS: I tried both troubleshooting workarounds. They don't help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.