WM5torage

Guest Ingvarr

Guest thunderdog
Cant get it to activate.  I don't get any errors but I hit activate it highlights and then nothing happens.  Any ideas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tried unloading everything - still won't activate. Clues?

I have the same problem on a Verizon XV6700, hit the activate button, it looks like it was pressed, and then nothing happens.

Geoff

Tried unloading everything - still won't activate.  Clues?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest dddrko

WOW! It's fast (v1.4), much faster than before (qtec 9100 w Kingston MiniSD 512MB as removable class, WinXP SP2), and finally, it's faster than ActiveSync connection! Man, you're genius!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest mrheat

would it be possible to share the whole content of the phone over USB? like the Activesync Connection does?

Maybe this would help the MPx200 and the Typhoon/feeler owners to get it working?

Guest j8888h

There is a bug. Under version 1.34, in case of the activation cannot get work, a message box will popup to tell an error 1f is happened and to explain how to resolove it, and the connection of Ms ActiveSync will disconnect and reconnect automatically in seconds. But under version 1.35 and 1.40, when activation does not success, popuping of the message box fails, and the disconnected Ms ActiveSync cannot reconnect again. This situation is tested with T-mobile MDA.

Guest 3950hh

dell x51v not supported, but somebody post this sw on aximsite.

it can be installed and load, but after tap the "active" button, nothing happened.

any chance to got x51v supported?

Guest thunderdog

I installed 1.4. Activated one time - yeah - worked great - yeah deactivated - now it wont come activate anymore - boo.

Ok I've reinstalled it and rebooted and still won't activate anymore. What's up with this - also on ppc-6700.

Guest Ingvarr
There is a bug. Under version 1.34, in case of the activation cannot get work, a message box will popup to tell an error 1f is happened and to explain how to resolove it, and the connection of Ms ActiveSync will disconnect and reconnect automatically in seconds. But under version 1.35 and 1.40, when activation does not success, popuping of the message box fails, and the disconnected Ms ActiveSync cannot reconnect again. This situation is tested with T-mobile MDA.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will fix it later today.

Guest maniac103
Not sure what the point of this app is.  How is it any different from using ActiveSync and clicking the "Explore" button?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try plugging in your device on a PC without ActiveSync ;)

Guest czbird
Not sure what the point of this app is.  How is it any different from using ActiveSync and clicking the "Explore" button?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...what more, the transfers are more than 2 times faster than when using ActiveSync, at least on my Tornado ;)

Guest luv2chill

Yeah, same here on HTC Apache (Sprint PPC6700). The Activate button does not work with 1.41. It worked fine with 1.3x (though slow).

Many thanks Ingvarr for creating this and sharing with everyone. It's an extremely useful app.

Guest j8888h
And you can format / chkdsk the card directly from PC ;)

Uploaded 1.41, fixed the bug with non-appearing error diagnostics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It get worked! Thanks.

Guest roma0803
Maybe you have installed some background utilities/today plugins to the storage card? When Mass Storage is activated and card is dismounted, some such utils can cease to work properly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Makes sense yes. I even have my homescreens on my storage card so that would explain the freeze up. My knowledge is limited here, but would there be an amount of time, after disabeling WM5torage, the phone needs to come back in it's normal operational state? Or is a soft reset the only remedy (besides putting homescreens and plugins back to the phone)?

Thanks for your reply Ingvarr.

Guest 3950hh
dell x51v not supported, but somebody post this sw on aximsite.

it can be installed and load, but after tap the "active" button, nothing happened.

any chance to got x51v supported?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

even after i unload everything in memory, it cant be actived eigther.

Just minutes before, I tryed v1.41, and in safe mode, the problem still exist.

It's because of Dell?

Guest Ingvarr

"Pressed activate and nothing happened", but maybe is something really happened?

Did ActiveSync deactivate?

Did new USB device (storage device) appear in PC Device Manager?

Did WM5torage status change to "active"?

Try with latest version pls. Always post version number in your report.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest Ingvarr
Makes sense yes. I even have my homescreens on my storage card so that would explain the freeze up. My knowledge is limited here, but would there be an amount of time, after disabeling WM5torage, the phone needs to come back in it's normal operational state? Or is a soft reset the only remedy (besides putting homescreens and plugins back to the phone)?

Thanks for your reply Ingvarr.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It really depends on how particular plugins/apps are made. If they cant cope with storage becoming temporarly unavailable and just crash, the only remedy to put them into always available storage (phone main memory).

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest _SAs_
Did ActiveSync deactivate?

yes

Did WM5torage status change to "active"?

no

Try with latest version pls.

1.42 have same problem: when I press activate button status remain "Inactive".

Version 1.33 work properly.

Guest pdaclub

The WM5Torage on version 1.35 - 1.42 not working on QTEK 9000. Can't activating the USB driver. Latest good version is 1.33, but it's slowing my PDA

Guest Ingvarr

Uploaded 1.43. Try again.

Please post detailed description of problem (not just "cant activate" - exactly what happens and what diagnostics it does write, if any, if doesnt, note that too ).

Guest _SAs_

version 1.43

PDA rx1950. ActiveSync deactivated.

1. Run WM5torage.

2. Tap "Activate" button - status remain "Inactive". Error messages don't appears.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.