Bluetooth Headset and Bluetooth GPS at same time

Guest amatthews

Guest amatthews

Hi All,

This might be a bit of a newbie question so apologies in advance if it is :-)

I have a iMate kJam with a Bluetooth Headset, I'm interested in getting TomTom and a Bluetooth GPS receiver now.

Can i use the bluetooth headset and bluetooth GPS at the same time with the kJam? Or can you only use one bluetooth device ?

Many thanks

Guest Rob.P

I'm using a Qtek 9100 with a Jabra 250v headset, I have TomTom and also use Microsoft Voice Command. They all work beautifully together, if you get voice command as well and make a one line change in the registry so that you can use VC as your main voice recognition software rather than the one that comes with the device, it also allows you to use your headset to get the instructions through rather than the speakers on your device. So you can have conversations with passengers with ease and also still have your tunes up loud, without missing an instruction.

I haven't had any probs with any bit of the setup, do make sure you get a decent GPS device with your TomTom though, I accidently got a cheap and nasty one at the start which kept crashing my device, so sent it back and got the TomTom offical one, there are others out there besides the TomTom one that will do a good job without crashing your device but you'll need to research them (ie search teh forums ;) )

Have fun once you get it, also, GPS is handy when you need to align your TV arieal with your best local transmitter as I found on the weekend, when I needed to know what direction the crystal palace transmitter was in.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest FireBeast
I'm using a Qtek 9100 with a Jabra 250v headset, I have TomTom and also use Microsoft Voice Command. They all work beautifully together, if you get voice command as well and make a one line change in the registry so that you can use VC as your main voice recognition software rather than the one that comes with the device, it also allows you to use your headset to get the instructions through rather than the speakers on your device. So you can have conversations with passengers with ease and also still have your tunes up loud, without missing an instruction.

I haven't had any probs with any bit of the setup, do make sure you get a decent GPS device with your TomTom though, I accidently got a cheap and nasty one at the start which kept crashing my device, so sent it back and got the TomTom offical one, there are others out there besides the TomTom one that will do a good job without crashing your device but you'll need to research them (ie search teh forums ;) )

Have fun once you get it, also, GPS is handy when you need to align your TV arieal with your best local transmitter as I found on the weekend, when I needed to know what direction the crystal palace transmitter was in.

Hi,

what did you have to change in the registry?

Thanks

Guest Rob.P

I would have posted thelink to the thread on Modaco but I'm pushed for time today. Do a search of the forum i think it was either in a TomTom thread or a thread to do with MS Voice Command and making it the default voice ativation software rather than the one that came with the wizard.