US T-Mobile SDA firmware update.

Guest dleasman

Guest dleasman
regarding the PUSH email.

One of my colleagues just upgraded, to this firmware, and NO the Original PUSH email from tmobile does not work.

see my prev post for details, He now gets those secret TEXT messages from tmobile on new email as NON SECRET . He actually gets a real SMS stating he has new mail, previously the phone would get a secret message, and the phone will silently connect to download more mail ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So, is there a way to do Push Mail after the firmware upgrade, with or without t-mobile?

The t-mobile version of push mail was not *really* push mail anyway... It was kind of their own solution.

I have pop mail working on my phone now, and it checks every 15 minutes, but push mail would be more convenient, faster, and less EDGE usage.

-Dana

Guest alexdell

I just bought the T-Mobile SDA. I just upgraded to the newest imate rom and unlocked the app and sim (using former AT&T sim card). All is good.

A quick qestion regarding push e-mail. Is this feature only for the MS Exchange users? I am using AOL IMAP and I know that push works when I had my Treo 650 using Chattermail. I do not see the option of enabling push for any IMAP accounts. I only have it set to check every 15 minutes.

Regards,

Alex

Guest pankul
I have pop mail working on my phone now, and it checks every 15 minutes, but push mail would be more convenient, faster, and less EDGE usage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

since I have two SDAa accessible, one with new firmware, and one with original.

I am willing to try and put tmail.exe on the new firmware phone, and other R&D to make this work.. My hunch is that tmo, has a process running to detect the incoming SMS, and force its mail client to check email ...

A good task manager which can show processes running on the phone with path names will be helpful

sugguestions ?

Guest jonnses

i'm having some difficulty flashing my sda to i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.6.331.2. i was able unlock the application and sim. but when i tried flashing to WWE_2.6.331.2 it gives an error [294]: invalid vender id.

anybody experience this? or know how to resolve this problem?

i'm not sure if i need to change the ccid to superccid. don't know how to do this yet.

thanks for the help.

Guest dleasman
i'm having some difficulty flashing my sda to i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.6.331.2. i was able unlock the application and sim. but when i tried flashing to WWE_2.6.331.2 it gives an error [294]: invalid vender id.

anybody experience this? or know how to resolve this problem?

i'm not sure if i need to change the ccid to superccid. don't know how to do this yet.

thanks for the help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It does not sound like you sim unlock actually worked.

Guest charincol

I have successfully upgraded to imate firmware. It does seem to work better than TMobiles. Only problem is that speed dial no longer works. I go into speed dial and it shows Voicemail as 1, and I've programmed Home as 2, but nothing happens when I hold 1 or 2 down. Voice dialing works. I've already tried reentering my Voicemail number in Call Options.

Guest pankul
Only problem is that speed dial no longer works.  I go into speed dial and it shows Voicemail as 1, and I've programmed Home as 2, but nothing happens when I hold 1 or 2 down.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont think this is a problem. try re-starting your phone, and see if it fixes the issue. I can confirm the the new ROM that i have loaded allows your to dial Voice Mail when press and HOLD 1, and speed dials other entries.

Guest pankul
since I have two SDAa accessible, one with new firmware, and one with original.

I am willing to try and put tmail.exe on the new firmware phone, and other R&D to make this work.. My hunch is that tmo, has a process running to detect the incoming SMS, and force its mail client to check email ...

A good task manager which can show processes running on the phone with path names will be helpful

sugguestions ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK all you people using TMOBILE in USA I have good news for you.

Me and my geek friend have finally gotten a solution for you all to be able to use your phone with Imate ROM, or any ROM in future, and still be able to get PUSH EMAIL supported internally by TMO in the USA.

The way it works is that TMO send your phone a specially crafted SMS message,

where sender is "701" and the message contains the from. to and account username which received the new mail. (tmo servers keep an eye on your IMAP, POP servers you define on their website)

Your phone has a few programs installed by TMO which look for this text message, (before you see them on the phone as SMS) and it makes the MAIL program download the new mail for you almost instantly. whithout you have to set it up to dial and check every 15 minutes.

I am not sure what restirctions this forum will impose if I give you those EXE and DLLs from my OLD TMOBILE ROM to be used on your TMOBILE PHONE with new IMATE ROM.

Forum Admins please confirm if I can do that, and users show interest in the solution, I will open a new thread and give you all the details

Guest charincol
I dont think this is a problem. try re-starting your phone, and see if it fixes the issue. I can confirm the the new ROM that i have loaded allows your to dial Voice Mail when press and HOLD 1, and speed dials other entries.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Speed dial did finally start working. It just needed a reboot or two. I'm still missing the mute/vibrate function from holding down the # button. When using the T-mobile ROM, there was a shortcut called Long_POUND in the Windows directory. It was right by the Long_API and Long_CAMERA shortcuts. It seems to be missing from the iMate ROM. I've tried recreating a new Long_POUND shortcut but I can't get it to work. The command I have inside it is "23#\Windows\Mute.exe". Can someone confirm whether this is the same line in the T-mobile shortcut?

Guest pankul
I'm still missing the mute/vibrate function from holding down the # button.  When using the T-mobile ROM, there was a shortcut called Long_POUND in the Windows directory.  It was right by the Long_API and Long_CAMERA shortcuts.  It seems to be missing from the iMate ROM.  I've tried recreating a new Long_POUND shortcut but I can't get it to work.  The command I have inside it is "23#\Windows\Mute.exe".  Can someone confirm whether this is the same line in the T-mobile shortcut?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the line on my phone with TMO rom is "19#\Windows\Mute.exe"

does anyone know the significance of the xx#? the number before the shortcut ?

Guest Disco Stu
I am not sure what restirctions this forum will impose if I give you those EXE and DLLs from my OLD TMOBILE ROM to be used on your TMOBILE PHONE with new IMATE ROM.

Forum Admins please confirm if I can do that, and users show interest in the solution, I will open a new thread and give you all the details

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry but you cannot post copyrighted ROM files on this forum ;)

Guest dleasman
the line on my phone with TMO rom is "19#\Windows\Mute.exe"

does anyone know the significance of the xx#? the number before the shortcut ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe that is the key number... 19 is the # key? And 23 is the camera button on the side? I am guessing, but this makes sense.

Guest swivel
I believe that is the key number... 19 is the # key? And 23 is the camera button on the side? I am guessing, but this makes sense.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt it, considering that the shortcut to the mapping of all of the Short_AP1-4 keys all begin with #19.

I'm still trying to figure out how to set the Long_AP1-4 shortcuts, but they didn't work using the Tmobile ROM, so I'm not surprised they don't work on the iMate ROM. But the #/silent toggle shortcut WAS working on the old ROM. Not sure what's going on.

Guest jonnses
I doubt it, considering that the shortcut to the mapping of all of the Short_AP1-4 keys all begin with #19.

I'm still trying to figure out how to set the Long_AP1-4 shortcuts, but they didn't work using the Tmobile ROM, so I'm not surprised they don't work on the iMate ROM.  But the #/silent toggle shortcut WAS working on the old ROM.  Not sure what's going on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm experiencing the same problem after i was able to flash to the new sp5m rom.

is there a website that list useful applications, shortcuts, or what ever for the sda?

thanks.

Guest phreke
i'm experiencing the same problem after i was able to flash to the new sp5m rom.

is there a website that list useful applications, shortcuts, or what ever for the sda?

thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Until someone finds a solution, I think I have a workaround. Create a shortcut link to the executable mute.exe in the Windows DIR, and place in the Start Menu folder. Then set a speed dial number to it. Shamefully, you will still have to exit out of the Dialer. Anyone else?

phreke

Until someone finds a solution, I think I have a workaround.  Create a shortcut link to the executable mute.exe in the Windows DIR, and place in the Start Menu folder.  Then set a speed dial number to it.  Shamefully, you will still have to exit out of the Dialer.  Anyone else?

phreke

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This LONG_POUND.lnk file work for you??

LONG_POUND.zip

Guest phreke
This LONG_POUND.lnk file work for you??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, no good. It's still registering the pound key in the dialer, rather than registering as a long pound press.

phreke