how to get mail accounts

Guest jyothi

Guest jyothi

Hi

i'm developing an application which runs on microsoft smartphone 2003, i need to get the mail accounts that are configured on the smartphone, and i also need to know outgoing mail server ?

can anyone tell me how to do this ?

i'm using vs2003 with c#.net.

Thanx in advnce

Jyothi

Guest jimbouk

If you mean the accounts on a specific phone, you can look them up manually on the device, purely by using the menu, options on the device. If you mean writing an app that looks up the mail account details on the device automatically, then you would need to find where the registry entries are that relate to each mail account.

The messaging accounts pre-configgured on windows mobile devices are usually the outlook activesync mail account, the text messaging account and the mms account.

Any user can add one exchange server account (to replace the outlook account) and as many pop3 mail accounts as they want.

The outgoing mail server for all pop and outlook accounts depends on who the mail provider is - as mail is tranferred either via activesync to the users outlook mail server or over gprs/wifi to their ISP/Mail hosts mail servers. IE there is no specific Windows Mobile mail server.

Edited by jimbouk