Screwed up my Activesync

Guest Honest John

Guest Honest John

Ok - here's what happened.

I was re-organising my C500 after swapping handsets - switching to T-Mobile, changing the home screen and start menu etc. I did this from my PC using Windows Explorer, dragging and dropping.

Did it in stages and everything was ok until the last time! In the process, I must have dragged something in the C500 windows directory somewhere else. I did remove the Orange and Games folders and moved their contents/links to some new folders I created on my start screen.

I now get "Winsock problems" if I try to sync over the air, and my PC now reports that I have the wrong Active Sync on my phone. All in all - a right mess.

So, how do I get round this?

1. Is there a complete factory reset that will reset my Windows directory to the way that Orange set it up? (A few hours penance for me to recreate my customisation, but that's ok)

2. Any pointers as to which files I may have moved/deleted? (Can't use my PC to check as it won't connect thru Activesync.)

Thanks.

Edited by Honest John

Guest Disco Stu

Factory (aka hard) reset instructions are pinned at the top of this section.

It can be a little tricky and depends on delicate timing.

Think of it as a spring clean ;)

I'm sorry but I have no idea which files might have gone AWOL.

Guest Honest John
Factory (aka hard) reset instructions are pinned at the top of this section.

It can be a little tricky and depends on delicate timing.

Think of it as a spring clean  ;)

I'm sorry but I have no idea which files might have gone AWOL.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. Got the method for a hard reset from the pinned section before I posted the question but wanted to check if that restores the windows directory in its pristine original form (including missing or misplaced files), or only reset some settings? To do a full restore to its virginal state, it would have to have somewhere in rom (or similar) a snapshot of the original files. Presumably this is true?

I will hold fire for a day or so in case someone may have a pointer to what files may have been screwed, but thanks for your input.

Edited by Honest John

Guest Disco Stu

Hopefully someone might know about the files but I can confirm that 'factory reset' does just that - resets to condition the phone was in when they put it in the box at the factory ;)

Guest Honest John
I can confirm that 'factory reset' does just that - resets to condition the phone was in when they put it in the box at the factory  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank goodness for that. Situation restorable then, if i can get the 3 finger/button trick working.

Then all I have to do is

App unlock

Sim unlock

download apps (regedit, Smart explorer,etc, etc)

download themes

download ring tones

reset my connections to t-mobile

reset my Active sync

restore my contacts/diary/tasks/email

That'll teach me! ;) :oops: