Reg Hacks

Guest daftveggie

Guest daftveggie

I'm using Total Commander on the Vario and I can get into the registry using it's plugin.

I can change values, but then when I reset the device they have changed back.

How do I make them permenant

The two things I'm looking for are.

1. Changing the location that camera stores pictures to: i.e. a different folder name

2. Changing the colour of the text on the start menu and today screen.

I can find the relevant values for each and change them, but they don't seem to have any effect and have changed back when I soft reset

Any advice?

Guest bluesxman
I'm using Total Commander on the Vario and I can get into the registry using it's plugin.

I can change values, but then when I reset the device they have changed back.

How do I make them permenant

The two things I'm looking for are.

1. Changing the location that camera stores pictures to: i.e. a different folder name

2. Changing the colour of the text on the start menu and today screen.

I can find the relevant values for each and change them, but they don't seem to have any effect and have changed back when I soft reset

Any advice?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe that registry changes are not written stright away, but held in a kind of cache. Try waiting a few mins before soft resetting or reset by holding down the power button until you get the restart prompt.

Or you could be unlucky and you are not allowed to change these particular values ;)

Guest daftveggie

nice idea, but no joy.

Changed the settings, went to the registry properties, clicked change, waited 10 minutes, power cycled the device, booted the camera, and it saved to the wrong folder ;)

Anyone else?

Guest fuzzmo
nice idea, but no joy.

Changed the settings, went to the registry properties, clicked change, waited 10 minutes, power cycled the device, booted the camera, and it saved to the wrong folder ;)

Anyone else?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The one method I have found that works is to make the change. Wait a minute. Power off your phone (i.e. using the power button on the top). Turn on your phone. Then do a soft reset for the changes to take effect i.e. I believe this is the time when everything properly reboots. That is the only way I can get registry changes to stick....

Guest daftveggie

Tried that, no joy ;)

perhaps its a value that they don't allow, or perhaps I just have the wrong value, or perhaps my phone doesn't like me!!

Guest bluesxman
Tried that, no joy ;)

perhaps its a value that they don't allow, or perhaps I just have the wrong value, or perhaps my phone doesn't like me!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What registry keys are you changing? For the camera location, I've changed:

HKLM\Software\HTC\Camera\Image\SaveFolder

HKLM\SoaftwareHTC\Camera\Image\Saveto

This changed where the images where stored, and were still present and working following a soft reset (the holding down power button variety).