Can the universal go online?

Guest ripnet

Guest ripnet

Hi,

Thinking of getting a universal (on t-mobile) for use with the upcoming £7.50 unlimited GPRS deal.

Can the universal get a data connection on 3g? i read that its quite unusual for this to work.

ie, if I get a universal on t-mobile UK can I get unlimited 3g speed internet on the phone?

(offtopic, but does anyone know if the nokia N80 can do this? - thats the other phone im looking at, but mapopolis is unavailable for Symbian, so would prefer PPC)

Can it be used as a fast modem for another PDA via bluetooth (although if I get the universal, I doubt I will be using my current PPC)

thanks

g

Guest Confucious

You read that it was quite unusual for this to work? Where did you read that?

Of course it works, it's what the Universal is designed for.

Guest ripnet

I just got the impression that data over 3G wasnt really happening... i forget which website, but it said that a specific 3g phone had a modem in it which was unusual...

cant wait for the £7.50 a month all you can eat ;)

g

You read that it was quite unusual for this to work? Where did you read that?

Of course it works, it's what the Universal is designed for.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Confucious

Data ofer 3G on the Three network doesn't really work but it's fine on every other network. I had three months free 3G when I joined Orange and was using 50 - 70Mb / month with no problems. I will now be getting a T-Mob contract so I can get unlimited for £7.50.