O2 XDA Mini Repair Nightmare

Guest adey_london

Guest adey_london

My XDA Mini developed a fault with the microphone after a couple of months with no problems. People were having trouble hearing me, and after trying a friends K-Jam i determined that it really was a hardware problem.

Does anyone have any experience of O2's repair policy? I have the o2 gold insurance, and spend about £60 a month, so 'm not exactly a low user, however I am now onto my 3rd week without my XDA.

The first repair attempt failed as the repair shop tried to fix the speaker instead of the mic, and surprise surprise, No Fault Found. It is now away again - and due back next week (i hope)

O2 don't do swap outs, and they must send the handset away for repair, under warranty. After 5 years with orange, I am used to better service than this.

When I complained, the Customer service rep suggested the quickest way for me to get this sorted would be to 'accidentaly damage' the phone, and then I could claim on the insurance!!! Firstly, this would be fraud, and secondly, I'd have a £25 excess to pay!

Does anyone know another way around O2's repair policy??? - all I want is a working phone, at the moment i'm using my old Nokia 8310!!! So much for technology - at least i can go for 4 days without charging the old Nokia!

Cheers,

Ady

Guest ultimate_fish

I'd vote with your feet and say that unless you get something sorted very quickly you'll be forced to leave o2 at your earliest opportunity.

In my experience most, if not all, mobile service providers are very happy to take your custom for granted until you threaten to switch.