M2000 replacement screen, where from?

Guest Stabilo

Guest Stabilo

Does anyone know where I would get a replacement screen for a M2000?

I have searched this forum and tried Google without success.

Also is screen replacement fairly straightforward?

Guest fluffcat1
Does anyone know where I would get a replacement screen for a M2000?

I have searched this forum and tried Google without success.

Also is screen replacement fairly straightforward?

Which screen? (and if you don't know what I'm talking about, go back to google and do a bit more research )

Richard

Guest Stabilo
Which screen? (and if you don't know what I'm talking about, go back to google and do a bit more research )

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Inner screen.

Guest fluffcat1
Inner screen.

Errr, more technical info than that is needed if you want any help! Can't do it for you, especially as you've got the unit in your hands and I haven't...

As an example it's like saying 'my car won't start' - in my case I would say- 'I have a 2002 Audi TT 1.8T 180 with an ARY (Seat) engine running a Garret K04 hybrid turbo at 18 psi boost, I have checked the coil packs ( known fault - lots of info on the internet ) and the fuel pump and the car turns over but it won't start'

There are many web resources about blueangels available via google.

Which manufacturer? ( 'Orange' or 'HTC' are *not* the manufacturer of the screen)

Just the LCD / digitiser or both needed?.....

Blueangel board revision?

Richard

Guest Stabilo
Errr, more technical info than that is needed if you want any help! Can't do it for you, especially as you've got the unit in your hands and I haven't...

As an example it's like saying 'my car won't start' - in my case I would say-  'I have a 2002 Audi TT 1.8T 180 with an ARY (Seat) engine running a Garret K04 hybrid turbo at 18 psi boost, I have checked the coil packs ( known fault - lots of info on the internet ) and the fuel pump and the car turns over but it won't start'

There are many web resources about blueangels available via google.

Which manufacturer? ( 'Orange' or 'HTC' are *not* the manufacturer of the screen)

Just the LCD / digitiser or both needed?.....

Blueangel board revision?

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you want to know the Audi garages in Manchester let me know and I'll send you the details ;)

Meanwhile where are the M2000 repair 'garages'? I am aware you are an experienced 'mechanic' from reading your posts over the month. In fact I am sure I have bought some 'parts' from you on Ebay.

I can only provide limited details as I don't have access to the M2000. I have been offered a M2000 with a 'broken inner screen'. I already have a M2000 which I may have blown the com port on. My bluetooth GPS works ok but not my battery powered serial GPS. Tried a modem and the M2000 flashes most of the lights but doesn't connect. Are you able to suggest a 'garage' to fix the com port?

Plan is to swap the good screen from my M2000 to the unit on offer. Thus one complete com port and screen functioning unit. Not too bothered about faulty com port on the then spare M2000, but would like to fix the screen.

My understanding is it's just the LCD that is broken. Can't provide board revision at this stage.

What can you suggest from this (limited) data?

Stabilo

Guest fluffcat1
If you want to know the Audi garages in Manchester let me know and I'll send you the details ;)

I use Awesome GTi in Irlam for servicing. And no problems currently ta, I use a RossTech Vagcom 1551 emulator over OBD II to diagnose any faults. As I said, it was an example...

Meanwhile where are the M2000 repair 'garages'?

www.HTCEurope.com

Apexlaptops

And there are others, some advertise on this very site, others come up if you do a search for 'xda LCD' on google etc.

I can only provide limited details as I don't have access to the M2000. I have been offered a M2000 with a 'broken inner screen'.

Part numbers help immensly when searching for parts ;)

I already have a M2000 which I may have blown the com port on. My bluetooth GPS works ok but not my battery powered serial GPS. Tried a modem and the M2000 flashes most of the lights but doesn't connect. Are you able to suggest a 'garage' to fix the com port?

Will the unit still sync over the port using a cradle / cable? There are fusible resisitors upstream from the port if the port itself isn't physically damaged. Charging and syncing are done on seperate pins, so it may well work to charge through but not sync or vice versa. Have you plugged an iPaq charger into it by any chance? Is your wired GPS specifically for XDA or is it an iPaq unit?

There is a company on ebay that offers sync port repair for damaged ports - perhaps they can help, although if the unit hasn't been opened give htceurope a call it might be under warranty.

Plan is to swap the good screen from my M2000 to the unit on offer. Thus one complete com port and screen functioning unit. Not too bothered about faulty com port on the then spare M2000, but would like to fix the screen.

Might work. Or might give you a white screen. The different screen / board combos are not interchangable. Without part numbers you won't know until you do it.

What can you suggest from this (limited) data?

Stabilo

Come back when you have more info.

Richard

Guest fraser

The problem is that the BA has several different screens. You might need to pop open the broken one and note down some serial numbers.

IIRC there's an older discussion on screens somewhere in the Blue Angel forum that details the differences and so on.

Guest Stabilo

fluffcat1

Thanks for the names of the 'garages' (and the RS232 pin outs in the other post).

Charging & syncing both work ok. Only used the M2000 charger, oh and my E200 charger. Is the E200 charger ok to use with the M2000?

The GPS device is a standard serial type unit. I have a 22 pin to 9 pin serial adaptor between the M2000 and the GPS. The adaptor is specifically to connect Garmin (serial) GPS devices to the M2000. It also provides power from the cigarette lighter to the M2000 & Garmin unit.

I added a 4 AA battery pack to the serial GPS unit to provide approx 5.5V, thus making the whole system portable. Could this blow the M2000 port or do you think I have some other fault with the com port?

Stabilo

Guest fluffcat1
Charging & syncing both work ok. Only used the M2000 charger, oh and my E200 charger. Is the E200 charger ok to use with the M2000?

Yep, same pinout schema. It's the iPaq / Sagem / Medion connectors that fit but are wired differently you want to avoid.

The GPS device is a standard serial type unit. I have a 22 pin to 9 pin serial adaptor between the M2000 and the GPS. The adaptor is specifically to connect Garmin (serial) GPS devices to the M2000. It also provides power from the cigarette lighter to the M2000 & Garmin unit.

I added a 4 AA battery pack to the serial GPS unit to provide approx 5.5V, thus making the whole system portable. Could this blow the M2000 port or do you think I have some other fault with the com port?

Stabilo

Dunno really. Depends how you wired the battery pack in - did it ever work, and does it work when connected to 12v in the car now?

If you want to test the m2000's seriel connection expansys have a clearance offer on qtek / imate etc seriel cables for a fiver ish - if you're in Manchester pop down to MSP outside hulme and save yourself the postage. Only way to really tell if it's working.

Richard

Guest Stabilo
Yep, same pinout schema. It's the iPaq / Sagem / Medion connectors that fit but are wired differently you want to avoid.

Dunno really. Depends how you wired the battery pack in - did it ever work, and does it work when connected to 12v in the car now?

If you want to test the m2000's seriel connection expansys have a clearance offer on qtek / imate etc seriel cables for a fiver ish - if you're in Manchester pop down to MSP outside hulme and save yourself the postage. Only way to really tell if it's working.

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Garmin Etrek GPS devices don't use DTR, DSR, RTS etc of the serial port. They simply send the data on pin 3 and receive on pin 2. Therefore the connector I bought has 5V power on pin 1, RxD pin 2, TxD pin 3 and GND on pin 5. The remaining pins are not connected. I am guessing from this that my com port is not faulty it is simply the connector that isn't up to the job for full RS232 purposes.

I have checked Expansys but can't find any cable for a fiver. Can you provide a link to the item you spotted?

I found this http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=EXP_HPJUSB004 for an out of stock Jornada serial cable for £5.45. Are the pinouts the same on a Jornada as a M2000?

Bought one of these on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Serial-Hot-Sync-cabl...1QQcmdZViewItem I am assuming the sync cables have all pins wired (full RS232 use).

Thanks for all your help.

Stabilo

Edited by Stabilo

Guest fluffcat1
I have checked Expansys but can't find any cable for a fiver. Can you provide a link to the item you spotted?

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=128525 - £4.95

(No reason an e100 cable wouldn't work though I don't have one of their seriel cables to test for certain. Cheapo USB cables are defo interchangable)

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=117313 - £6.45 - i-mate - out of stock

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=XDA-DCS-DC - XDA usb + serial, £6, out of stock

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=128713 ipaq cable, be daring and re-wire it! £2.45!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are other hits on expansys for XDA and derivative cables. I can't be @rsed looking for any more....

Richard

Guest Stabilo
http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=128525  - £4.95

(No reason an e100 cable wouldn't work though I don't have one of their seriel cables to test for certain. Cheapo USB cables are defo interchangable)

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=117313 - £6.45 - i-mate - out of stock

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=XDA-DCS-DC -  XDA usb + serial, £6, out of stock

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=128713 ipaq cable, be daring and re-wire it! £2.45!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are other hits on expansys for XDA and derivative cables. I can't be @rsed looking for any more....

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bought on Ebay £6 delivered. Expansys cheapest is about £8 delivered, except the IPAQ cable £6. I have a couple of E200's and like you suspect the first item you listed would be fine for the M2000. Strange how they are so much cheaper than the real XDA cables (does the X in XDA mean 'xtra expensive ;) )

For future reference what pins would I need to rewire on the IPAQ cable to work with the M2000?

Stabilo