M600 . . my first thoughts

Guest unclelimey

Guest unclelimey

Hi,

I have been using my new M600 for a couple of days now, and I have to say that it is not a patch on my trusty M500.. I shall explain why...

1: I had to manually install MSN Messenger, which works fine except when the screen turns off after its set time, you get booted from messenger, the only way to keep messenger 'online' is to turn the power setting 'turn device off after x mins ' to off..also there is no way to set it to vibrate when you get a new message.. you can only get an 'on-screen' silent alert.

Messenger worked perfectly on my M500, it didn't boot you if the screen went off.

2: I have dvd conversion software which I always use

to convert my dvd's to play on my M500, they ran very smoothly with perfect 'sound sync'.. I use the same movies on my new M600 and they appear 'choppy' and 'jumpy' and the sound is not in sync.. I'm not happy about this

3: Whilst on the subject of media player.. On my M500 the library would only show tracks from 'my music' or 'my videos' on my SD card, but now on my new M600 it shows all music and videos from my installed games too, very annoying

4: Bloody fingerprints on the black finish

5: Half the Games I bought for my M500 don't work on my M600

:oops:

to sum up, if any of the above points are important to you, then seriously think hard before you upgrade .

the only plus points are the improved camera and the built in wifi... although I have a SDIO wifi card for my M500 which works just as good... I am sticking with my M500 and putting my M600 on ebay tonight.

Guest nav007_2000

I think the main reason why the games don't work on your m600 is because it runs a different OS system on it. M500 runs windows mobile 2003 whereas m600 runs Windows Mobile 5.

I'm curious to why the vidoes do not work. I have some vidoes for my qtek s100 (same as spv m500). Maybe it has something to do with the frame rate that the dvd was captured at. I would like to test all this out myself. I have tomtom on mine and was wondering if it would work on an SPV M600.

Will you have a buy it now option on your listing on eBay?

Guest unclelimey
I think the main reason why the games don't work on your m600 is because it runs a different OS system on it. M500 runs windows mobile 2003 whereas m600 runs Windows Mobile 5.

I'm curious to why the vidoes do not work. I have some vidoes for my qtek s100 (same as spv m500). Maybe it has something to do with the frame rate that the dvd was captured at. I would like to test all this out myself. I have tomtom on mine and was wondering if it would work on an SPV M600.

Will you have a buy it now option on your listing on eBay?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

here is a link to my auction:

my svp m600 on ebay auction.....with buy it now option

as for the movies... they are the same movie files i used on my m500 on which they ran perfectly...but on the m600 they were choppy and out of sync

Edited by unclelimey

Guest Webreaper

Seems odd you've had all these problems, given that they're not commonly reported issues in the Prophet forum. Surely Orange's version of the ROM can't be that bad?!? :shock:

Guest unclelimey
Seems odd you've had all these problems, given that they're not commonly reported issues in the Prophet forum. Surely Orange's version of the ROM can't be that bad?!?  :shock:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the biggest issue for me is the messenger issue, i keep messenger on all day whilst at work (my work wont let anyone use messenger on our PC's) i use it to keep connected to my better half, she has a c500. much cheaper than texts!

Messenger boots you if you leave it idle for about 5 to ten minutes... unless you keep the screen on permanently... thats ok whilst im sat at my desk.. i can just leave it on, but when im out and about i need to keep it in the supplied pouch on my belt... trouble with this is that by leaving the screen on, even if you lock the keys, if you accidently press the reject/end call button it automaticallly disconnects GPRS.. and with the reject/end call button the highest button in profile, once you put it in its pouch , the button gets pressed.

i find myself having to reconnect to messenger all the bloody time... :twisted:

of course, i doubt orange will try and fix this issue, seeing as messenger wasnt even installed on the bloody phone in the first place... had to install it myself.

still , its on ebay now.. back to my trusty m500..

Guest jimbouk

There are some better device lock apps out there. You can set them to switch off the screen but keep the device running and to require a combination of buttons to unlock it - eg press call and OK together to unlock.

I got a Jamin in early Feb after 8 months with an M500 and whilst it took a few days to get used to it - now that I have applied all the speed tweaks and got used to the extra buttons, I wouldn't go back.