New Housing

Guest craigwalsh

Guest craigwalsh

Need a new housing for my c500 but they are quite expensive on ebay at the mo, anyone know of anywhere that does them real cheap?

Or does anyone have a busted c500 put the housing is still in good condition?

If so get in touch!

Cheers Guys

Craig

Guest SecretFire
Need a new housing for my c500 but they are quite expensive on ebay at the mo, anyone know of anywhere that does them real cheap?

Or does anyone have a busted c500 put the housing is still in good condition?

If so get in touch!

Cheers Guys

Craig

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have an SMT 5600 with some damage on the case and I can't find any replacement housings at all on ebay, although I do recall seeing a few pages back that a member of this forum sometimes put parts on ebay, perhaps he can help us out.

Guest jm012a9749
Thanks for your help fingers crossed i can track one down

Craig

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PM fluffcat1 on this forum ;) hopefully he can quote you happy lol :P

phil

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fluffcat1
http://www.tipcell.com/other_original_housings.htm

they have the front covers here. you have to email them for pricing though.

http://www.tipcell.com/faq.htm

point 3 in Tipcell's FAQ ( they've been spamming xda-dev recently so I thought I'd check them out )

"Commonly, our minimum order is 1000USD"

but I only need 1 x hp hx4700 fascia ;)

Oh well. HP's official ( = full price ) EMEA spare parts supplier it is then.... ;)

edit - looking at tipcell's picture of the dopod 575, it has the warning sticker about installing activesync before connecting to a computer still on it - they must be harvesting these fascias of actual phones? :P

Seems a strange thing to be doing...

Richard ( who has no minimum order requirement )

Edited by fluffcat1

• 1 month later...
Guest sporkguy
http://www.tipcell.com/faq.htm

point 3 in Tipcell's FAQ ( they've been spamming xda-dev recently so I thought I'd check them out )

"Commonly, our minimum order is 1000USD"

but I only need 1 x hp hx4700 fascia :)

Oh well. HP's official ( = full price ) EMEA spare parts supplier it is then.... ;)

edit - looking at tipcell's picture of the dopod 575, it has the warning sticker about installing activesync before connecting to a computer still on it - they must be harvesting these fascias of actual phones? :)

Seems a strange thing to be doing...

Richard ( who has no minimum order requirement )

Do you have any Silver C500 facias/complete bodies available?

Guest superstar20510

Hey there,

Just came across this ...

EDIT No you did not as it's you own auction.

Link to ebay removed as it's your own auction you can use the For Sale Ebay section.

Edited by awarner (MVP)

Guest superstar20510
It's not a full housing it's missing both the front fascia buttons and the chassis buttons like all the other cheap taiwanese imports.

Richard

Firstly he was not asking for full housing - and everyones opinion of full housing can be different.

Like i said before its not essential to have the other parts - if they are in good condition on your original phone they can be used.

In addition assumptions about 'taiwanese imports' is not good - especially for an experienced old timer like yourself !

Guest fluffcat1
Firstly he was not asking for full housing - and everyones opinion of full housing can be different.

Like i said before its not essential to have the other parts - if they are in good condition on your original phone they can be used.

In addition assumptions about 'taiwanese imports' is not good - especially for an experienced old timer like yourself !

To me 'full' means full i.e all the parts needed...and as for the imports, well, the ones surfacing now on ebay are ones that failed Q.C and have mnor marks or did not finish the build process hence not having all the buttons fitted to the chassis or being fully assembled with the silver earpiece surround on the fascia for example. I did investigate importing the cheap taiwainese ones myself being an 'old timer' as I've been doing this longer than you and bought samples from many different suppliers. The ones you now have for sale failed *my* quality control as did most from taiwan and as you have said, quality counts....

Richard

Guest superstar20510
To me 'full' means full i.e all the parts needed...and as for the imports, well, the ones surfacing now on ebay are ones that failed Q.C and have mnor marks or did not finish the build process hence not having all the buttons fitted to the chassis or being fully assembled with the silver earpiece surround on the fascia for example. I did investigate importing the cheap taiwainese ones myself being an 'old timer' as I've been doing this longer than you and bought samples from many different suppliers. The ones you now have for sale failed *my* quality control as did most from taiwan and as you have said, quality counts....

Richard

Weird how you can tell what i am selling without physically seeing them for yourself.

I guess the same could be said about your items.

The reason i know this is because my friend bought an item of yours AND to be honest yours were the ones with minute mark whereas he prefered mine as they were crystal clear!!

Anyways Richard - no point arguing with you here as your quality control is probaby too good for anyone in this WORLD! :)

Whatever the case if anyone would like to buy tested housing for the SPV C500 click on the link mentioned above !

Guest nevawlkalone
Weird how you can tell what i am selling without physically seeing them for yourself.

The reason i know this is because my friend bought an item of yours AND to be honest yours were the ones with minute mark whereas he prefered mine as they were crystal clear!!

Anyways Richard - no point arguing with you here as your quality control is probaby too good for anyone in this WORLD! :)

Whatever the case if anyone would like to buy tested housing for the SPV C500 click on the link mentioned above !

Perhaps he prfered them as he is your mate...slight biass there dude!

Guest fluffcat1

I checked your previous purchases on ebay. Simple really. And I've previously bought samples from that supplier and rejected them.

What, he didn't buy from you?. ;)

No complaints from buyers previous to this one you mention, please pm me his ebay id and I'll get in touch although I doubt he exists TBH. :)

There are no marks on my items and they include all the parts including the buttons and silver earpiece surround on the fascia. I can't see how there could be marks on them as I supply them with the perpex screen protector still in place. Nothing wrong with having high standards. Problem comes IMO when charging near to market value for inferior or incomplete products.

Richard

Guest superstar20510
I checked your previous purchases on ebay. Simple really. And I've previously bought samples from that supplier and rejected them.

What, he didn't buy from you?. :)

No complaints from buyers previous to this one you mention, please pm me his ebay id and I'll get in touch although I doubt he exists TBH. :)

There are no marks on my items and they include all the parts including the buttons and silver earpiece surround on the fascia. I can't see how there could be marks on them as I supply them with the perpex screen protector still in place. Nothing wrong with having high standards. Problem comes IMO when charging near to market value for inferior or incomplete products.

Richard

Hey what can i say mates are the ones you can trust.

And yes its good to have high standards - bad to be obessive !